LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 135 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-09-13: Pirates (Glasnow) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-2]

Offline  Re: 2017-09-13: Pirates (Glasnow) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:07 PM Post
bigredrobbo said:
turborickey said:
Such a lack of focus by Keon. That should just never happen at this level, or any other level for that matter. Things like this are infuriating.

Or, he slipped on the bag. Does everything have to be overanalyzed?

Had he slid, he wouldn't have "slipped."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:09 PM Post
trwi7 said:
jerichoholicninja said:
trwi7 said:
My mom is from there and I was born there but we moved when I was 2. The only thing I know from there is my mom telling me I dropped my rattle in the West Twin River and some fishermen got it and brought it back to me.

My mom and her sister went back there this summer and took a picture in front of the house they grew up in. The kids who live there now we're just coming back home and we're freaked out when they saw two women just standing in front of their house.

Do you remember where in town that was?

Hawthorne I think? I know it's West of the West Twin and close to the lake.

Hawthorne runs along the river and is a few blocks from the lake. The other side of town that I live on.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:12 PM Post
turborickey said:
bigredrobbo said:
turborickey said:
Such a lack of focus by Keon. That should just never happen at this level, or any other level for that matter. Things like this are infuriating.

Or, he slipped on the bag. Does everything have to be overanalyzed?

Had he slid, he wouldn't have "slipped."

No, but he could have slid past the bag which also happens all the time these days.

This just in. Wang sighting.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:14 PM Post
Chien-Ming and Wei-Chung are both from Taiwan. The former is pronounced Wang, can we really be sure ours is really pronounced Wong?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:16 PM Post
topper09er said:
Chien-Ming and Wei-Chung are both from Taiwan. The former is pronounced Wang, can we really be sure ours is really pronounced Wong?

Go to two random places in Wisconsin and ask how to pronounce Mueller.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:17 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
topper09er said:

Miller vs Mueller does not cost you any jokes so that's not the same comparison. Why would the English translation use an "a"

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:22 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Hawthorne runs along the river and is a few blocks from the lake. The other side of town that I live on.

Yeah, I honestly don't remember a lot of it. I haven't been there in probably 20 years. I remember the fountains in the park and we always loved going to Hardee's because they had a big ball pit we could play in and we would always go to Evans which was a jack of all trades store I think with a decent selection of toys.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:23 PM Post
topper09er said:
jerichoholicninja said:
topper09er said:

Miller vs Mueller does not cost you any jokes so that's not the same comparison. Why would the English translation use an "a"

Baseball Reference lists WONG as the correct pronouncing for both and I seem to remember hearing Chien-Ming pronounced as WANG and WONG but WONG more often.

Last edited by jerichoholicninja on September 13, 2017, 9:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:23 PM Post
I went to school with a kid who spelled his last name Wang, but it was pronounced Wong.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:25 PM Post
trwi7 said:
jerichoholicninja said:

Yeah, I honestly don't remember a lot of it. I haven't been there in probably 20 years. I remember the fountains in the park and we always loved going to Hardee's because they had a big ball pit we could play in and we would always go to Evans which was a jack of all trades store I think with a decent selection of toys.

Sadly the Hardee's was torn down and is now a Family Video. The owners of Evan's retired and closed it (although the ones in Sheboygan Falls and Kewaunee? are still open) and it's a thrift store. The fountains are still here though!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:32 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:

Baseball Reference lists WONG as the correct pronouncing for both and I seem to remember hearing Chien-Ming pronounced as WANG and WONG but WONG more often.

Oops you are right. I will choose ignorance and continue with Wang for my own amusement

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:33 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
trwi7 said:
jerichoholicninja said:

Sadly the Hardee's was torn down and is now a Family Video. The owners of Evan's retired and closed it (although the ones in Sheboygan Falls and Kewaunee? are still open) and it's a thrift store. The fountains are still here though!

Well, 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:34 PM Post
Feels like every off day lately - whether for the Brewers or for the teams we are chasing - has resulted in us losing a half game in the standings. Here's hoping that changes tomorrow.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017-09-13: Pirates (Glasnow) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 13, 2017, 9:36 PM Post
Jaso would definitely have blown off a series in August '69 to attend Woodstock.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 14, 2017, 10:16 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Jaso would definitely have blown off a series in August '69 to attend Woodstock.

Lol. Literally said something very similar to my buddy last night when we were out watching the game. He is a casual baseball fan and asked who the guy with the dreads was and if he was an actual pirate in the off season.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 135 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply