LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  [ 411 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-07-08 Reds (Leake) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers, Kotsay walkoff winners off F. Cordero, 8-7]

Offline  2011-07-08 Reds (Leake) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers, Kotsay walkoff winners off F. Cordero, 8-7]
Posted: July 09, 2011, 12:12 AM Post
I love waking up to look at the scoreboard on days like today.

Man does Coco look fat in that picture or what. Maybe it wasn't for the money, the guy just prefers Cincinnati chili over bratwurst.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-07-08 Reds (Leake) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers, Kotsay walkoff winners off F. Cordero, 8-7]
Posted: July 09, 2011, 12:18 AM Post
Global Moderator
Funketown said:
I love waking up to look at the scoreboard on days like today.

Man does Coco look fat in that picture or what. Maybe it wasn't for the money, the guy just prefers Cincinnati chili over bratwurst.
Honestly, I don't think he looks much fatter than he did during his days in Milwaukee.

It's funny how the Reds fans are now all throwing him under the bus. It was obvious he didn't have his top shelf stuff last night, and I don't get why Baker didn't pull him after 2 or 3 batters. I guess Dusty being Dusty, though.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2011, 12:47 AM Post
19 saves, 1 win, and now 1 amazing loss for Coco vs the Brewers.

Yep. He was due.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2011, 1:13 AM Post
Invader3K wrote:[/b said:
It's funny how the Reds fans are now all throwing him under the bus. It was obvious he didn't have his top shelf stuff last night, and I don't get why Baker didn't pull him after 2 or 3 batters. I guess Dusty being Dusty, though.

Most managers wouldn't pull their closer until they either blow the game or finish it regardless of how they are pitching.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2011, 1:51 AM Post
Invader3K wrote:

But he's the closer? He is a closer and if he pulled him he wouldn't be a closer. Closer!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2011, 2:07 AM Post
Thanks for the pic BrewerTerp. The Brewers really dodged a bullet when he didn't sign here.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2011, 2:10 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator

Kotsay with +.798 WPA for the game.

I yelled so loud that my wife took away my laptop, but it was so worth it ;-)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2011, 2:17 AM Post
That WPA fails to account for his fielding of course.

I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2011, 3:22 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Yeah you probably have to give him a -.150 or so for booting that ball. Still a good night.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2011, 3:27 AM Post
[b]obsessedwithbrewcrew]Yeah you probably have to give him a -.150 or so for booting that ball. Still a good night.
Sure was. Though all his night brings to mind is squirrels and nuts.

I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 09, 2011, 3:47 AM Post
logan3825 said:
Sure was. Though all his night brings to mind is squirrels and nuts.
Logan, what are you referring to? Is it that a grizzled veteran squirrel finds nuts when his club needs him most? Kotsay clearly planned the booted play to make himself more of a hero.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  [ 411 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply