LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 150 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-07-15 Brewers (Narveson) at Rockies (Nicasio) - [Brewers lose, 4-0; Braun hit streak ends]

Offline  2011-07-15 Brewers (Narveson) at Rockies (Nicasio) - [Brewers lose, 4-0; Braun hit streak ends]
Posted: July 15, 2011, 2:14 PM Post
Global Moderator
If the Brewers play at their current season-long pace for the rest of the road trip, they'll end up going home at 52-51.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-07-15 Brewers (Narveson) at Rockies (Nicasio) - [Brewers lose, 4-0; Braun hit streak ends]
Posted: July 15, 2011, 2:17 PM Post
I'd take that right now....lol

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2011, 2:44 PM Post
i still sticking with my 3-8 road trip but i too will be taking off and enjoying the weekend.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2011, 2:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
Wow. Total let down for a start to the second half. No offense at all, ace pitcher gets clobbered, more bad defense, same old same old.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2011, 4:38 PM Post
BrewCrewIn2004 said:
Craig Counsell is just a joke now.

Isn't that the same counsel that brewerfN thought should start at SS? Lol. He should nit even be on the roster.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2011, 4:59 PM Post
Hahahahaha, thank god we have K-Rod. He can come in and make sure we only lose by 3 and not 4 or 5. How about a SS Doug.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2011, 9:06 PM Post
Maybe we need to do a non-traditional in game thread tomorrow. Or just stop sucking on the road. For real though, the Rockies are a pretty good team and playing in Coors isnt easy on any pitcher. Also we are .5 back of the Pirates, for all the people already doubting this team I would be willing to bet my left leg the Pirates will not be in first or second this year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 15, 2011, 9:57 PM Post
The Pirates have been playing the Nationals and Astros for a month-look at their upcoming schedule: Reds, Cardinals, Braves, Phillies. That stretch will tell us if they are for real. After this road trip the Brewers schedule eases up for the rest of the season as well: Cubs Astros (twice), Pirates, Dodgers. This team is poised for a big August.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 16, 2011, 12:57 AM Post
pebadger said:
Has anyone done the research to find the worst road-winning percentage to ever win a division?

I posted about this yesterday in another thread in the Major League forum ("why do the Brewers hit so bad on the road"). Amazingly the 1987 Minnesota Twins won the World Series playing just over .333 on the road but destroyed teams in that dome at a .690 ish clip. Sound like a certain team?

That Twins team went 85-77 to win their division......

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 16, 2011, 4:30 AM Post
Tennik said:
The Pirates have been playing the Nationals and Astros for a month-look at their upcoming schedule: Reds, Cardinals, Braves, Phillies. That stretch will tell us if they are for real. After this road trip the Brewers schedule eases up for the rest of the season as well: Cubs Astros (twice), Pirates, Dodgers. This team is poised for a big August.

Our schedule doesn't ease up as much as you seem to think. The Cubs are always toss up games, 8 games against the Cardinals in August, 4 on the road against Pittsburgh, 3 at the Mets who have already won a series against us at Miller Park, then 4 more games against the Cardinals in September, 4 against the Phillies, 3 at the Reds.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 150 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply