LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 176 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-07-19 Brewers (Gallardo) at Diamondback (Enright) - [Brewers win, 11-3]

Offline  2011-07-19 Brewers (Gallardo) at Diamondback (Enright) - [Brewers win, 11-3]

Posted: July 19, 2011, 1:33 PM Post
How bad is Barry Enright.........................lol

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-07-19 Brewers (Gallardo) at Diamondback (Enright) - [Brewers win, 11-3]

Posted: July 19, 2011, 1:37 PM Post
Also keep in mind with the whole Yuni vs. Casey debate that Casey was a good player for two seasons. I don't think anybody could have reasonably expected him to fall off this drastically. Everybody knew Yuni would suck, and nothing was done about it. But yeah, McGehee has been as bad as Betancourt this season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 1:38 PM Post
COBrewerfan said:
Who cares? That is why you play multiple players at a position or platoon people. That is how that works.
Except that's not how it works here as the worst SS in all of baseball continues to be the regular SS on this team, with no platoon. Earlier you stated "Keep hating on him. It's heating him up. Much better than watching Wilson and Counsell play." So, you're even arguing against a platoon, as you advocate continuing to play Betancourt.

But yeah, we're fine at SS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 1:39 PM Post
COBrewerfan said:
Brewersare 9th in OPS at SS and last in the NL at 3b. Hence the GM knows that and is going after a 3b. Silly him.

Why do you want Melvin to make a trade for a 3B when we have a perfectly viable option in AAA? I would much rather Melvin trade for a SS with a glove. Not really keen on trading away more pieces of our farm system for a mediocre 3B when Green is sitting in Nashville.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 1:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
So Mother Nature killed my power and I couldn't even get the radio to come in until after the first. I take it I missed something good.

Folks in Point and Rapids areas: Get ready for a deluge.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 1:51 PM Post
Wow, Nyjer just looks awful against lefties.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 1:51 PM Post
i be very curious who Melvin adds in the next two weeks.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 1:55 PM Post
Way to go Rock! You just scored big in BF.net nation

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 1:56 PM Post
FidoMcCokefiend said:
COBrewerfan said:
Who cares? That is why you play multiple players at a position or platoon people. That is how that works.
Except that's not how it works here as the worst SS in all of baseball continues to be the regular SS on this team, with no platoon. Earlier you stated "Keep hating on him. It's heating him up. Much better than watching Wilson and Counsell play." So, you're even arguing against a platoon, as you advocate continuing to play Betancourt.

I am notarguing anything. You brought up multiple players. So that is how the stats look when others have played the position. But as every other team in the league, we have a couple weak spots, and have gone the pitching route. I am happy to have better pitching which has created a couple weaker spots in the field. However this has now created a different set of things to complain about. But being in Milwaukee I don't see how we are going to have acceptable players at every position. I like the route we have taken.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 1:57 PM Post
off topic has anyone taking that real age test that is on game day, i am 41 it says i am 39.9.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 2:00 PM Post
COBrewerfan said:
FidoMcCokefiend said:
COBrewerfan said:

I am notarguing anything. You brought up multiple players. So that is how the stats look when others have played the position. But as every other team in the league, we have a couple weak spots, and have gone the pitching route. I am happy to have better pitching which has created a couple weaker spots in the field. However this has now created a different set of things to complain about. But being in Milwaukee I don't see how we are going to have acceptable players at every position. I like the route we have taken.

I think most people would be happy with the route we have taken (focus on pitching). However, we should never stop trying to improve our team when it's possible. When we have two players are playing worse than the theoretical "replacement" player, then it is probably time to think about making a switch, especially when there is a possible upgrade in the minors. People aren't asking to acquire Reyes. However, a player like Brendan Ryan (all glove, little offense) would improve the team.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 2:02 PM Post
ilovebeer said:
off topic has anyone taking that real age test that is on game day, i am 41 it says i am 39.9.

link?

Also, I thought you said you turned 25 a couple nights ago.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 2:02 PM Post
chickinbrickin said:
COBrewerfan said:
Brewersare 9th in OPS at SS and last in the NL at 3b. Hence the GM knows that and is going after a 3b. Silly him.

Why do you want Melvin to make a trade for a 3B when we have a perfectly viable option in AAA? I would much rather Melvin trade for a SS with a glove. Not really keen on trading away more pieces of our farm system for a mediocre 3B when Green is sitting in Nashville.

I did not say they should go after either of them. I am good with having solid pitching. But I think people are being spoiled now and are constantly on Yuni and Casey. So I was responding to one of the comments. I am good with the team we have and maybe adding a LH bullpen arm.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 2:06 PM Post
Gobias Industries said:
ilovebeer said:

link?

Burn!

ilovebeer said:
All I want for my 25th birthday is a Brewer win. (July 16, 2011 8:19 PM)

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 2:08 PM Post
Why does McGehee have the green light on 3-0?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 2:09 PM Post
Casey hacks 3-0

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 2:11 PM Post
valpocrewsader said:
Gobias Industries said:
ilovebeer said:

link?

Burn!

ilovebeer said:
All I want for my 25th birthday is a Brewer win. (July 16, 2011 8:19 PM)

Lying on the internet...
Claiming to be something other than what you are...
Well I never...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 2:12 PM Post
Holy crap. I've been to tons of games and BP sessions at Chase and have NEVER seen a ball hit up there......

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 19, 2011, 2:22 PM Post
I think that should be an error. I don't care how hard it was hit, it was right at him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 19, 2011, 2:27 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Gotta love the bottom of the order loading up the bases for Hart.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 176 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply