LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 180 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-07-21 Brewers (Greinke) at Diamondbacks (Kennedy) - [Brewers lose, 4-0]

Offline  2011-07-21 Brewers (Greinke) at Diamondbacks (Kennedy) - [Brewers lose, 4-0]
Posted: July 21, 2011, 3:06 PM Post
topper09er said:
Well the only good thing is they brought their closer in so it is his to lose, if he doesnt have his stuff they will still leave him in

And he won't get a save ! Take that!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-07-21 Brewers (Greinke) at Diamondbacks (Kennedy) - [Brewers lose, 4-0]
Posted: July 21, 2011, 3:07 PM Post
Classic McGehee roll over on the outside pitch 6-3

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2011, 3:07 PM Post
Casey that was a bad at bat,

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2011, 3:09 PM Post
Global Moderator
The Elias guys need to look up the Brewers ratio of shutouts/road losses if this ends like it seems it will. It has to be near some sort of record for futiity, especially when juxtaposed with their home run production and their place in teh standings.

Quote   Reply 
chuckcrim said:
I just wish they'd give Green a shot. What do Doug and RR see that make them believe Casey's
breaking out? A couple seeing eye singles. Come on already.
Green with a homer, 2 walks and a single tonight. This is absurd.

Quote   Reply 
Maybe Yuni will try and steal third again? That would be a sweet way to the end the game.

edit. Or not. Well the road trip has still gone better so far than I expected.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
- Plato
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
- Plato

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2011, 3:11 PM Post
Oh well at leat we won 2 games in Phx.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2011, 3:12 PM Post
This weekend would be the perfect time for Prince to bunt/half swing for the 3rd baseline if he sees a huge shift just to get him on base and hopefully get him out of this mini-slump

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2011, 3:12 PM Post
Global Moderator
TheCrew07 said:
Maybe Yuni will try and steal third again? That would be a sweet way to the end the game.

edit. Or not. Well the road trip has still gone better so far than I expected.

Yep. I don't know what to make of how I feel about this team in terms of the big picture when this road trip has exceeded expectations so far and I still don't feel that great about it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2011, 3:16 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Stevo said:
I want to beat Tom Brokaw after that inning. Make those commercials stop.
Those commercials make me wonder how someone with Tom Brokaw's diction/enunciation made a career out of on-air journalism.

4-4 at this point is better than I was fearing at times this road trip. Here's hoping that getting out of Arizona will snap Prince out of his funk.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2011, 3:18 PM Post
Stevo said:
Hawkins has reverted back to his average self.

He has been struggling some, but Johnson never comes up if McGehee doesn't let that ball get through and that home run doesn't leave any other ballparks besides maybe the tiny LF porch in Houston.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2011, 4:34 PM Post
Global Moderator
the wife and I have decided that we are never again going to "splurge" on tickets by the dugout. We sit in the cheap seats for 2 games, they win. We spend some coin for 2 games, they get shutout.

Tonight's crowd was announced as 22,000. I don't think so.

Four guys in their 50s arrived in the first inning and sat behind us. All they did the entire game was yap, yap, yap and none of it was about baseball. They barely were watching the game. But they were drinking and loud. It was like I was in the clubhouse at the golf course listening to drivel-filled discussion. The lady next to us kept standing up and trying to get Craig Counsell's attention for a picture or something. And then loud whiny cheering when the DBacks were winning. I don't mind the cheering but it gave me a headache.

Greinke looked real good to me. Two mistakes and that was enough. Hawkins did not look good. And Prince looked terrible. Maybe he was pressing even more because his wife was sitting right in front of us.

The ball at Chase Field really travels well. They almost need a humidor like at Coors. Braun's 1st inning shot looked gone if not hit toward the end of the bat. Nyjer's bases-loaded drive got too much air, unfortunately. Even Greinke's drive was hit well but got caught in a breeze of AC or something to travel that far.

.500 ball on the road trip thru 8 games is nothing to sneeze about, especially for this club. Hopefully they can take 2 of 3 in SF. Go Brewers! Thanks for a pretty good time in Phoenix! Now I gotta go home tomorrow. Boo.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2011, 5:29 PM Post
I think the fact that I didnt goto the game tonight contributed to the loss as well. lol. But on a serious note, I think it will be good for Prince to get out of PHX. I think the HR Derby stuff has gotten into his head too much. I just hope we can pick up a win or 2 against SFO.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2011, 10:45 PM Post
Uecker was saying it looks like Prince is feeling for the ball more than taking his normal hacks. The body language Prince is giving after his swings shows he isn't seeing the ball very well right now. He's had a pretty rough month (by his standards, anyway).

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 21, 2011, 11:56 PM Post
pebadger said:
Has a pitcher ever been nicknamed 3TO?

Thank God. I never could figure out what the hell that nickname meant, but I was too embarrassed to ask. Now I know. Thank you, sir.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 1:48 AM Post
Global Moderator
cubsdie said:
pebadger said:

Thank God. I never could figure out what the hell that nickname meant, but I was too embarrassed to ask. Now I know. Thank you, sir.
Simile:

true = !false
as to
3TO = !BIP (Balls In Play)

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder
EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 7:21 AM Post
Robin19 said:
cubsdie said:
pebadger said:

Simile:

true = !false
as to
3TO = !BIP (Balls In Play)

haah....I'm converted, I just never put it all together. The boys at FJM converted me a while ago. I guess I was a just a little slow on the uptake.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 8:10 AM Post
I was going to do a let me Google that for you. Decided not to. You should have just asked what 3TO meant.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 8:25 AM Post
logan3825 said:
I was going to do a let me Google that for you. Decided not to. You should have just asked what 3TO meant.

It never occurred to me to google it. I just thought it was a bf.net thing like woah solvved

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 12:24 PM Post
cubsdie said:
logan3825 said:

It never occurred to me to google it. I just thought it was a bf.net thing like woah solvved
If you google it the first thing that comes up is an article that talks about Rob Deer. Baseball Prospectus unfortunately calls it TTO.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 180 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply