LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 166 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-07-22 Brewers (Marcum) at Giants (Cain) - [Brewers win, 4-2]

Offline  2011-07-22 Brewers (Marcum) at Giants (Cain) - [Brewers win, 4-2]
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:42 PM Post
Big start to the end of the road trip!!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:42 PM Post
ilovebeer said:
Rev, are you at the game tonight?
No, believe it or not my family just flew in from Billy Mitchell; we're going on a long-planned (planned before the schedule release at least) week in Tahoe tomorrow so no Brewers' games in SF for me this year.

Except for the playoffs?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:43 PM Post

That is win # 5 on this trip, I didn't think we get 4 on this trip so i am happy.

Quote   Reply 
Let's get one more....6-5 trip would be outstanding after an 0-2 start.

Quote   Reply 
pmallon wrote:

We don't know what the long term plan is. They may ride the k-rod/axford duo for a couple of weeks. Rest everyone else until August. At that point maybe he starts letting the starters go deeper. Like I said if they keep pitching like this it is hard not to save everyone else at the expense of two guys. It is a good problem to have to say the least because it means they are all pitching well.

Very true. If that is the long term plan I will eat my words.

To be perfectly honest I don't know that I can bring myself to give Ron credit for that yet.

And it is a great problem to have that we are complaining about starters being pulled after 7 and then having to use Krod or Ax.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:44 PM Post

1 game lead for the crew.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:44 PM Post
That suxs rev, u seem them in the nlcs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:46 PM Post
Like others have said, this guarantees no worse than a 5-6 trip which I would have had no problem taking before it started.

Get one of the next two and it'll be a great trip for this team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:46 PM Post
theavrock said:
pmallon wrote:[/b said:

We don't know what the long term plan is. They may ride the k-rod/axford duo for a couple of weeks. Rest everyone else until August. At that point maybe he starts letting the starters go deeper. Like I said if they keep pitching like this it is hard not to save everyone else at the expense of two guys. It is a good problem to have to say the least because it means they are all pitching well.

Very true. If that is the long term plan I will eat my words.

To be perfectly honest I don't know that I can bring myself to give Ron credit for that yet.

And it is a great problem to have that we are complaining about starters being pulled after 7 and then having to use Krod or Ax.

I can agree with that. ^^^ I just think that since we have the firepower, we should use it. If everyone does their job to their ability, they are going to win, period.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:47 PM Post
Yuni doesn't speak English?

Quote   Reply 
pmallon]
[b said:
theavrock]
[b said:
azcheesehead[/b]]
You don't use him in every situation he is available because then at some point in time he isn't going to be available.

Like I said. I don't think its a terrible situation to use him in. I just think you let Shaun start the inning and if anyone gets on base you bring him in. No need to burn him with Marcum cruising when who knows when we are going to need him next.

Two factors that make me believe Marcum should have been pulled, while I felt strongly Narvy should have been kept in:

1) KRod/Ax didn't pitch yesterday and have Monday off. So they should be fresh over the next few days.
2) Narvy was cruising more than Marcum, who was giving up a lot of fly balls the last couple innings, including a HR and near HR.

Quote   Reply 
Huge W tonight over the World Champs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:48 PM Post
azcheesehead said:
He is from Cuba.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:49 PM Post
Great win! Great to know we'll come home in good shape!

I'm heading up for tomorrow night's game...thinking twice about wearing my Tony Plush jersey...maybe I go with the more classic Yount.

Quote   Reply 
Now have won 5 of the last 7 against the World Champs...breaking the (Lou) seal tonight was huge, I think the Crew has the wind at their back right now confidence-wise.

Quote   Reply 
azcheesehead said:
He speaks Cuban

Quote   Reply 
DocLuna7 said:
azcheesehead said:
He is from Cuba.
I know that.....but usually vets can speak some English.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:50 PM Post
Big win without Braun in the lineup.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:52 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
pmallon said:
[b said:
theavrock[/b]]You don't use him in every situation he is available because then at some point in time he isn't going to be available.

Like I said. I don't think its a terrible situation to use him in. I just think you let Shaun start the inning and if anyone gets on base you bring him in. No need to burn him with Marcum cruising when who knows when we are going to need him next.

Two factors that make me believe Marcum should have been pulled, while I felt strongly Narvy should have been kept in:

1) KRod/Ax didn't pitch yesterday and have Monday off. So they should be fresh over the next few days.
2) Nrcy was cruising more than Marcum, who was giving up a lot of fly balls the last couple innings, including a HR and near HR.
RR is in a no win situation. He lets Narv in and Narv blows up like he seems to do we get after him for that. At this point in the season I subscribe to if you warm a guy up you use him. I think that helps keep everyone a little more fresh. You got more than you expected at that point out of Narv and Marcum. Use the weapons you have and get the win. Which RR seems to think involves K-rod/Axford duo. Right now it is very hard to argue with given the results (Wins and rest for and over worked bullpen prior to the K-rod trade).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2011, 3:53 PM Post
Second question of Bochy's presser (asked by Gwen Knapp, I think) was about Nyjer's gesture to the fans (Bochy brushed it off, said he didn't see it and seemed irritated, not sure with the question or Nyjer)

Yeah, they're gonna make hay out of it here

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 166 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply