LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next  [ 450 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-08-01 Cardinals (Carpenter) at Brewers (Greinke) -- [Brewers win, 6-2]

Offline  2011-08-01 Cardinals (Carpenter) at Brewers (Greinke) -- [Brewers win, 6-2]

Posted: July 31, 2011, 7:10 PM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator

August 1 - 7:10 P.M.

ImageImage

57-51

60-49

Pitching Matchup

ImageImage

Chris Carpenter

6-7 | 3.68

Brewers vs. Carpenter
Carpenter Game Log

Zack Greinke

8-4 | 4.50

Cardinals vs. Greinke
Greinke Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. SS Rafael Furcal
  2. CF Jon Jay
  3. 1B Albert Pujols
  4. LF Matt Holliday
  5. RF Lance Berkman
  6. 3B David Freese
  7. 2B Skip Schumaker
  8. C Yadier Molina
  9. RHP Chris Carpenter
  1. RF Corey Hart
  2. CF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Prince Fielder
  5. 2B Felipe Lopez
  6. SS Yuniesky Betancourt
  7. 3B Casey McGehee
  8. C Jonathan Lucroy
  9. RHP Zack Greinke

Media Coverage

Fan Sites

Last edited by Anonymous on August 01, 2011, 9:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.
-- Sigmund Snopek

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-08-01 Cardinals (Carpenter) at Brewers (Greinke) -- [Brewers win, 6-2]

Posted: August 01, 2011, 4:27 AM Post
Huge series. If we can sweep the cardinals then they have a hole to dig out of. If they sweep us we're only .5 games back. Most likely I see taking 2/3.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 4:35 AM Post
Even grabbing 2/3 in this series would be huge. Nice 3.5 game lead heading into a 3-game series in Houston would be nice. Could build a bigger cushion before the next series against the Cards next week.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 4:49 AM Post
This is what I do with the lineup.

Hart Morgan Braun Fielder Lopez McGhee Hairston Lucroy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 4:51 AM Post
All we really have to do is avoid getting swept (winning 2 is great) but as long as we win just 1 game, we'll stay 1.5 games out in front. Not give them any huge momentum or anything like that either.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 5:25 AM Post
FoxyFoxes said:

McGehee is hitting worse this season than Jason Kendall did as a Brewer, would you ever suggest a lineup in 2008 with Jason Kendall hitting #6? No. McGehee is not a major league baseball player, he is just being tolerated because he is cheap for years to come and was good last year at the dish.

I would go Morgan 8, Lucroy 2, Braun 7, Fielder 3, Hart 9, Lopez 4, Hairston 5/6, Wilson 6/5 (not sure on Wilson vs Hairy at SS)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 5:38 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Save us, Zack Greinke! Here's hoping this series brings ample opportunity to cite my signature line.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 5:54 AM Post
topper09er said:
FoxyFoxes said:

McGehee is hitting worse this season than Jason Kendall did as a Brewer, would you ever suggest a lineup in 2008 with Jason Kendall hitting #6? No. McGehee is not a major league baseball player, he is just being tolerated because he is cheap for years to come and was good last year at the dish.

I would go Morgan 8, Lucroy 2, Braun 7, Fielder 3, Hart 9, Lopez 4, Hairston 5/6, Wilson 6/5 (not sure on Wilson vs Hairy at SS)

That might be a good lineup but Roenicke would never do it.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 6:32 AM Post
topper09er said:
FoxyFoxes said:

Lucroy can't hit that high, he's a catcher, every good MLB manager knows that. McGehee and Betancourt are hot, they should be playing everyday and hitting 5 and 6 to protect Prince. We also need Corey leading off to hit those solo HR's.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 6:42 AM Post
rawbecht said:
That might be a good lineup but Roenicke would never do it.

I agree, just posting what I would do. I expect to see

Hart 9, Morgan 8, Braun 7, Fielder 3, Lopez 4, Betancourt 6, Hairy/McGehee 5, Lucroy 2.

Based on RRR matchup decision making,
Hairy vs Carpenter: 6 for 28, 1 2B, 0 BB, only 2 K
Casey vs Carpenter: 4 for 16, 2 2B, 2 BB, 6 K.

Probably a toss up, but since Garcia is starting tomorrow JHJ will likely debut in CF so Ill go with McGehee in there tonight

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 6:46 AM Post
Hawing beat me to it, but I'll be at the ballpark tonight hoping Carpenter has a lot of things to explain to his son. Should be a great pitching matchup, and hopefully a great crowd that can take in a win!

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 6:51 AM Post
hawing said:
Save us, Zack Greinke! Here's hoping this series brings ample opportunity to cite my signature line.
I have a feeling that Tony Plush will be a big part of this.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 6:52 AM Post

Brewers top OPS since the All-Star Break

.651 - big slick-fieldin' Casey
.667 - ye olde Wolf mound visitin Luuuucroy
.706 - "I gotta go..." TP
.721 - my ankle is feeling better every Weeks
.832 - how will you jam 56K into Miller Park when I come back interleaguin' with the Angels to get my World Series championship ring? Crown Prince
.855 - I still don't like your swing or trust you with breaking balls and would like to trade you while your value is high Hart (maybe it's just me)
.922 - YunieSKY-is-the-limit-I'm-having-fun-now B
1.068 (woof) - Mr. 2020

It's nice to see Yuni's success at the dish, and praise is due where praise it due. If you haven't seen it yet, this is well hella-worth the read... almost makes it seem like Melvin knows what he's doing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 7:07 AM Post
Since we're sort of on the Carpenter/son comment...how exactly did he explain Matt Holliday's super dirty slide into second base on Saturday? Just blatantly went way out of the base line (he had to be 4-5 to the outfield side of 2b), spikes first and tried to drill Castro, who was lucky to avoid injury on the play.

Making it worse, the umpire didn't even make the right call and rule interference.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 7:15 AM Post
Definitely a huge series; however at this point of the year anything but a sweep won't hurt the Brewers to bad. Taking 2 out of 3 would be nice heading into another 3 game series with Houston.

Pretty even pitching matchups throughout; Brewers probably with a slight edge tonight, virtually dead even tomorrow, and the Cards probably have a slight advantage on Wed. With the series being at home I am pretty confident we can take 2 of 3.

Even though the Cards hitting is monumentally better than the Cubs or Astros I still get the feeling that the starting pitchers will keep rolling.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 7:31 AM Post
The Cardinals have surpassed the Cubs as my most despised team. I'm sure if the Cubs were anywhere near respectable in the standings that might not be the case. 3 things, in particular, bug me with the Cardinals:

1) LaRussa
2) Pujols' mightier-than-thou attitude and his blatant show-boating while trying to come off as Mr. Squeaky Clean
3) The fact that the Cardinals seem to pick up everyone else's retreads each year, start them, and get awesome production out of them. Do not know if any team is luckier out there than them in that respect.

Also, I liken their franchise to the Cavaliers. If they were to lose their Golden Boy at the end of the season (like Cavs lost LeBron) the franchise would tank and the aura of the Cardinals would go down the drain too.

Let's get 'em tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 7:36 AM Post
Hart 9
Morgan 8
Braun 7
Fielder 3
Lopez 4
Betancourt 6
McGehee 5
Lucroy 2
Greinke 1

going to the game tonight and was really hoping Hairston was in the lineip

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 7:37 AM Post
Only way Hairston will crack the lineup right now is in CF vs LHP or at 2B or 3B. Yuni is swinging a good bat right now. Good to see him move in front of McGehee actually. Lopez hasn't done much for me, so I'd give Hairston a shot.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 7:43 AM Post
thats my point, minus getting hits in his first 2 atbats, he hasn't done much. still better than wilson or counsell, but I'd give Hairston a shot.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2011, 7:53 AM Post
Can Chris Carpenter call my wife and explain to her why I'm down in the basement screaming at the TV?

It's Big Boy time!!! Let's do this!!!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next  [ 450 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply