LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next  [ 450 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-08-01 Cardinals (Carpenter) at Brewers (Greinke) -- [Brewers win, 6-2]

Offline  2011-08-01 Cardinals (Carpenter) at Brewers (Greinke) -- [Brewers win, 6-2]
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:12 PM Post
Echoing everyone else: Great game, big to take the first one especially as good as Carpenter was the first 4 innings. Let's show the NL we can beat a tough lhp tomorrow. Guessing we'll see JHJ in CF and maybe Wilson at 2B.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-08-01 Cardinals (Carpenter) at Brewers (Greinke) -- [Brewers win, 6-2]

GIF Master
Just shaved 2 games off our magic number! :P

Quote   Reply 
sargennm said:
They're showing Morgan screaming and doing the T plush thing after the final out. How long until Cards fans and media start complaining?
Already started:

azredbirds wrote

Good God Nyjer Morgan is a punk---- (A female canine animal, especially a dog). Watching the Brewer broadcast on MLB.com....yeesh.

I saw the same thing....I would rather lose than win with a guy like that on my team

EDIT: The above is a quote to azredbirds (who is NOT a relative of mine).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:13 PM Post

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:15 PM Post
Guaranteed loss tomorrow (because I am saying this) but I will say it anyway, 5 away from a Webbs 12-straight free burger, with 2 more home game and 3 vs Houston.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:17 PM Post
Global Moderator
Yeah, can't have guys having harmless, not-showing-anyone-up fun playing baseball. Having fun - not classy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:18 PM Post
We may think LaRussa is a good manager but it seems like Cards fans are getting sick of him. They blame home for making Mozeliak trade Rasmus because they couldn't get along.

Great win; no matter what we still still be 1.5 games up when the series is done. I am greedy though; lets get another one tommorrow.

Morgan might be the singlest greatest transaction in the Melvin era. I hate to think where we would be without that guy. It is pretty easy to see why opposing teams and fans would hate the guy though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:20 PM Post
fondybrewfan said:
It is pretty easy to see why opposing teams and fans would hate the guy though.
I disagree, he is not overly cocky or ever says inappropriate things, he is just weird and crazy and emotional. No reason not to like him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:23 PM Post
Global Moderator
Some folks can't differentiate between the two.

Quote   Reply 
Global Moderator
Nice to see Plush Gumbel make an appearance on the Brewers post game.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Quote   Reply 
This is the 7th straight season he has a BABIP above MLB average. That's a product of pounding the plate.

This is probably partially true but part of it also comes from pitching for the worst defense in the AL and then the worst defense in the NL as well. There is no way he deserves a 4.40 ERA when his peripherals suggest a low 3, his career ERA to FIP/xFIP gaps are nowhere near that large.

Quote   Reply 
Cincy loses as well! Now if Arizona can beat the Giants

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:29 PM Post
Pirates, Cards, Reds, and Braves lost with a Brewers win.

Great night.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:31 PM Post
Listening to the Cardinals' submoronic TV announcers talk about how great it is for the Brewers to have Kotsay and Counsell on the bench, I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Also, for Brewers fans of a certain age, it's really weird to see Cal Eldred on St. Louis TV as the hometown hero. At least Cal, unlike Ricky Horton and Al Hrabosky, has a brain in his head.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:34 PM Post
Cal even got a broadcast mention today. Something about having Eldred and Sabathia mentioned in the same segment seems a bit wrong.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:51 PM Post
Great win now we just need to split the final 2 games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:52 PM Post
[/b said:

azredbirds wrote

Good God Nyjer Morgan is a punk---- (A female canine animal, especially a dog). Watching the Brewer broadcast on MLB.com....yeesh.

I saw the same thing....I would rather lose than win with a guy like that on my team

I saw this quote and was just going to post the same thing.....Are St Louis fans that dense that they balk at T Plush, when they have Baby Jesus and et al on their team? A lot of people here on BF were giving Gomez grief for his bat flipping and to some extent Braun when he used to stare down his homers but it seems to me (could be anecdotal evidence) that STL fans let a lot of things slide on their own team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:52 PM Post
How will Chris Carpenter explain THIS to his son?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:55 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
[b]dlk9s]Just shaved 2 games off our magic number! :P
I've been superstitiously afraid to post 'magic number' graphics so far this season. I don't even know the current number.

Let's all have a moment of forum silence for Chris Carpenter's son. Image

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2011, 2:58 PM Post
Global Moderator
a few things I noticed in tonight's game:

1. All that sweat by Carpenter seemed unnatural. I can't replay the game anymore but is it possible that he "soaked" his jersey and hat before taking the mound for the 5th inning due to the warmth in the park in hopes that it would help him cool off? I just don't remember it being so sweaty in the 1st-4th innings and then WHAMMO he was soaked.

2. Yuni appealing to first base is not the first time he did that. I saw on either Saturday or Sunday (don't remember which) on an even closer call. My guess is he was trying to tell the home plate ump something along the lines of, "hey, I didn't swing, nuh uh, you better check down there ump" except in Spanish.

3. I was quite surprised that LaRussa stayed in the dugout and was quite mellow on a) the double play ball to end the 6th inning, and b) the check swing dribbler by Pujols in the 7th (or was it the 8th?). I thought for sure he'd come on out and talk about it with the umps.

4. With Estrada and Dillard getting so little work, are they getting throwing in before the game (simulated games perhaps?) to at least remain a little bit sharp? I know they throw every day but is it in game-type situations?

5. Don't worry topper, I thought the same thing regarding only 5 more wins to free burgers.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next  [ 450 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply