LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 46  Next  [ 906 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-08-02 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 8-7, 11 innings]

Offline  2011-08-02 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 8-7, 11 innings]

Posted: July 31, 2011, 7:10 PM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator

August 2 - 7:10 P.M.

ImageImage

57-52

61-49

Pitching Matchup

ImageImage

Jaime Garcia

10-5 | 3.27

Brewers vs. Garcia
Garcia Game Log

Shaun Marcum

10-3 | 3.33

Cardinals vs. Marcum
Marcum Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. Rafael Furcal SS
  2. Jon Jay CF
  3. Albert Pujols 1B
  4. Matt Holliday LF
  5. Lance Berkman RF
  6. Skip Schumaker 2B
  7. Yadier Molina C
  8. Daniel Descalso 3B
  9. Jaime Garcia P
  1. Corey Hart RF
  2. Jerry Hairston Jr. CF
  3. Ryan Braun LF
  4. Prince Fielder 1B
  5. Casey McGehee 3B
  6. Yuniesky Betancourt SS
  7. Jonathan Lucroy C
  8. Josh Wilson 2B
  9. Shaun Marcum P

Media Coverage

Fan Sites

Last edited by 1992casey on August 03, 2011, 1:03 AM, edited 1 time in total.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.
-- Sigmund Snopek

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-08-02 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 8-7, 11 innings]

Posted: August 02, 2011, 6:22 AM Post
Heading to the game tonight, hoping for win #8. I'm somewhat nervous about this one, if we can somehow take one of the next 2 games, that ensures a 3.5 game lead entering the weekend. And I would love to see that. I'm starting to hate the Cardinals more than the Cubs, so a win would be oh so sweet to see.

And if we could, for once, have an offensive outburst of 10+ runs and just hammer them that would be nice. My heart can't take all these close games. The power stroke can return tonight!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 6:29 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
brwrsfan said:
And if we could, for once, have an offensive outburst of 10+ runs and just hammer them that would be nice. My heart can't take all these close games. The power stroke can return tonight!
Not to mention, more swings of the bats just might produce a slight breeze at the park. Image Go Brewers. 1-0 for Tuesday.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 6:34 AM Post
I sure hope we steal a lot of meatball pitch signs again tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 6:48 AM Post
Global Moderator
Who's stealing?

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 6:57 AM Post
Corey Hart RF
Jerry Hairston Jr. CF
Ryan Braun LF
Prince Fielder 1B
Casey McGehee 3B
Yuniesky Betancourt SS
Jonathan Lucroy C
Josh Wilson 2B
Shaun Marcum RHP

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 7:06 AM Post
good to see Hairston getting a start. The bottom half of the lineup looks brutal as always but hopefully Yuni B will continue his hitting streak

I'm amused by the casual fans on JSOnline who don't understand sitting Morgan vs a LHP

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 7:11 AM Post
It just seems like an odd time to put Wilson into the lineup. He doesn't play for 2 weeks, then you use him today, in a lineup that already doesn't have Morgan due to the lefty on the mound. This is like half a JV team.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 7:15 AM Post
Global Moderator
It's too hot, and we're too tired. We aren't going tonight. Please don't make it one of those games where I find something else to watch on the TV. I promise to keep watching, no matter how many runs you're beating them by Image

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder
EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 7:17 AM Post
Will be in attendance tonight, go crew

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 7:30 AM Post
brwrsfan said:
It just seems like an odd time to put Wilson into the lineup. He doesn't play for 2 weeks, then you use him today, in a lineup that already doesn't have Morgan due to the lefty on the mound. This is like half a JV team.

So putting any of our other options at 2B makes that big of difference? Who do you want? Counsell or Lopez? And seeing there are mostly regulars in there I am baffled at the JV comment. Guess you are one of the JSonline guys mentioned in the other post.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 7:36 AM Post
Global Moderator
And so it begins...

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 7:45 AM Post
Morgan in CF vs Wilson at 2B is what it comes down to. I don't think it is outrageous to think Morgan would have been the better choice.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 7:52 AM Post
Nyjer not starting means that he's freed up to prepare for some amazing late-game heroics!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 8:14 AM Post
COBrewerfan said:
brwrsfan said:

So putting any of our other options at 2B makes that big of difference? Who do you want? Counsell or Lopez? And seeing there are mostly regulars in there I am baffled at the JV comment. Guess you are one of the JSonline guys mentioned in the other post.

I'm sure he's just a casual.

Good thing you're here to explain things to him.

The answer to your question is "Lopez" by the way.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 8:14 AM Post
Marcum's ERA is 3.33, not 4.50.

Edit: And he's 10-3. Looks like Greinke's stats entering yesterday's match.Image

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 8:17 AM Post
COBrewerfan said:
brwrsfan said:

I take serious offense to that. Anytime you're playing a guy that hasn't started in 2 weeks it's not exactly your best lineup. Throw in the fact that Morgan can't hit lefties, and CF is going to be a downgrade. Personally, I feel that Lopez is a better option than Wilson (though Lopez isn't as good right handed). If you wanted to give Wilson a start, it should have been Sunday instead of Craig Counsell. So yeah, you have 2 backups playing, and a regular in Casey McGehee who should be a backup, and I think the lineup sucks. The bottom of the lineup leaves much to be desired.

Maybe JV wasn't the right comment, but it's definitely not a great lineup. That's just the way it is against lefties.

Please do not assume that because of ONE comment that I'm some sort of illiterate baseball fan that posts stupid comments on the JSO blog and only casually watches baseball and can't figure out why Morgan isn't playing. I've watched virtually every inning of every Brewers game for the last 2 years, and I understand that sometimes these things need to happen and bench guys need to play, I just don't like the fact that our roster is constructed in a way that this is our only option, nor do I like that we're having to do it against the team currently in second place.

And to ultimately answer your question, I would much rather Lopez start at 2b, batting right handed and all, than Josh Wilson. That's just my thoughts. I don't think very highly of either, but I think Lopez is a better option at this point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 8:22 AM Post
Wow. Lucroy is actually not in the 8th spot. For once.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 8:24 AM Post
I am 43 years old and I seem to be more stressed out by this pennant race than anything else in my life. I hate the Cardinals. The 1982 world series was won by the healthier team, not the better team ( and in game 2, that pitch was a strike). I would rather contract the Ebola virus than root for the Cardinals. Go Crew!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2011, 8:55 AM Post
Anyone see the interview with Braun & Fielder on Intentional Talk (MLB Network) with Tony Plush standing by providing security? Hilarious. They were asked which of them was a better overall athlete. Braun said "Prince". Prince said "its definitely Ryan, he can do it all, he can hit, run, throw, play defense, he's got it all... me? I can pretty much...hit..." many smiles all around

Braun also said that they had tried to convince Carlos Gomez to be in the Sausage Race and obliterate the all-time record.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 46  Next  [ 906 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply