LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  [ 539 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-08-09 Brewers (Marcum) at Cardinals (Jackson) - [Brewers win, 5-3, 10 innings]

Offline  2011-08-09 Brewers (Marcum) at Cardinals (Jackson) - [Brewers win, 5-3, 10 innings]
Posted: August 09, 2011, 3:22 PM Post
Huge win. Love it

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-08-09 Brewers (Marcum) at Cardinals (Jackson) - [Brewers win, 5-3, 10 innings]
Posted: August 09, 2011, 3:22 PM Post
Those are some of the classiest taillights I've ever seen...

Awesome win, effective cheating tonight...The T!!! Ahhhh, I gotta go...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2011, 3:25 PM Post
dlk9s said:
His swing is always long.
No its not, it may look long normally because he gets good extension, but no good hitters have long swings. Id say right now it looks like his timing if off and hes getting under the ball a little too much. He should try to work some walks and tickle to the ball to right and break out of it

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2011, 3:28 PM Post
Bullpen was great tonight. These two teams look evenly matched until the late innings and then we have the better bullpen. That K-Rod trade made such a big difference in this season.

Ironic that it was Casey & Yuni B who came through in the 10th for us

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2011, 3:29 PM Post

GIF Master
It's always nice to shave 2 games off the magic number.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2011, 3:30 PM Post
The Truth said:
Ironic that it was Casey & Yuni B who came through in the 10th for us

Only if you've been in a coma the last few weeks. Aberration or not, those two have had some huge hits the last month.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2011, 3:32 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Ahh, I'm glad something went well today. Pedal to the metal, Brewers. This is no time to let up.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2011, 3:37 PM Post
This was awesome, we tried our best to lose it but something is just different on this team. Different from earlier in the year where they would have lost this game...different from past Brewers teams in that when the pressure mounts, they don't fold, they give pressure the middle finger and fight through it.

Still some very rough spots in the game but a win is a win is a win. Now lets get the next games and take the wind right out of their sails!!! Hope Braun can get it back together, not too many 0-10 and awful at bats for him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2011, 3:40 PM Post
Narveson sliced his hand repairing his glove and will miss his next start. Per Ron at post game news conference.

That is not good.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2011, 3:43 PM Post
datrain711 said:
Narveson sliced his hand repairing his glove and will miss his next start. Per Ron at post game news conference.

That is not good.

Yikes, only bad if the Brewers need Estrada out of the bullpen. Hopefully it's only one start.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2011, 4:03 PM Post
datrain711 said:

That is not good.

What???? You sure he wasn't also playing basketball?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2011, 4:29 PM Post
topper09er said:
dlk9s said:
His swing is always long.
No its not, it may look long normally because he gets good extension, but no good hitters have long swings. Id say right now it looks like his timing if off and hes getting under the ball a little too much. He should try to work some walks and tickle to the ball to right and break out of it
I think it's always long as well. He missed song pitches. It happens.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2011, 12:50 AM Post
That was fun last night. The 'Crew is better then St Louis (this year). I'd have to believe their clubhouse is starting to understand it

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2011, 2:02 AM Post
I really thought when they loaded the bases with the heart of the order up and didn't score that they were going to lose it. This is game the would've lost last year and even the year before. Say what you will about Roenicke's decision making but this team is starting to look special under his leadership. I know a few game losing streak and they'll seem mortal again but this is a nice little run they're on. That's a bigger loss for St. Louis than win for the Brewers. I'm getting greedy now; man I'd love a sweep.

The back end of the pen is really top notch. You'd be hard pressed to find a better group in the league. It's nice knowing as long as our starters can gut out a decent 6 innings when they don't have their best stuff that we have the guys to lock it down and at least keep us in the game and/or seal the victory. No doubt they'll blow some games sooner than later but I'm confident we have a playoff caliber bullpen now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2011, 4:21 AM Post
^^

It really seems to me that Roenicke is learning from some of his mistakes re: bullpen management.

I wish he'd use guys for more than 1 inning occasionally, but since the K-Rod deal, he's done a great job with the bullpen.

I've been hard on Roenicke, but it seems he's coming around (amazing how a 12 out of 13 run can do that).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2011, 9:04 AM Post
Saw this on vivaelbirdos, thought it was particularly clever. It describes their astonishment that Octavio Dotel was allowed to pitch to 2 lefties (Plush and Fielder). Also apparantly StL fans have dubbed Marc Rzepczynski with a nickname: 'Scrabble'.

Octavio Dotel has a .938 OPS allowed against left-handed hitters. Marc Rzepczynski has allowed lefties an OPS of .462. That's a nearly 500 point difference. In other words, Dotel and Scrabble's respective abilities to contain left-handed hitters is almost a full Tony La Russa infielder apart.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2011, 9:18 AM Post
Global Moderator
Scrabble has been Nnamdi Asomugha's nickname for years. It's not classy to steal.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Quote   Reply 
Online  2011-08-09 Brewers (Marcum) at Cardinals (Jackson) - [Brewers win, 5-3, 10 innings]
Posted: August 10, 2011, 9:49 AM Post
For all the criticism RR gets people better get used to him getting some manager of the year votes and possibly winning it. Image

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2011, 1:24 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
jjkoestler said:
Scrabble has been Nnamdi Asomugha's nickname for years. It's not classy to steal.
If Rzepczynski were a Brewer, I'd totally call him Scrabble. I'd also make a point of getting his shirt. Terrific surname.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  [ 539 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply