LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 102 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-08-12 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win, 7-2; K-Rod first MLB hit]

Offline  2011-08-12 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win, 7-2; K-Rod first MLB hit]

Posted: August 12, 2011, 3:58 AM Post
Global Moderator

August 12 - 7:10 P.M.

ImageImage

56-60

67-51

Pitching Matchup

ImageImage

Paul Maholm

6-12, 3.54

Maholm allowed seven runs on 10 hits in 6 2/3 innings Saturday against San Diego. It was the most earned runs he'd allowed this season.

Brewers vs. Maholm
Maholm Game Log

Zack Greinke

10-4, 4.21

Greinke's start was moved up one day as the Brewers adjusted their rotation with Chris Narveson moving to the DL. Greinke has gone at least six innings in each of his last seven starts and has won his last three decisions.

Pirates vs. Greinke
Greinke Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. CF Andrew McCutchen
  2. RF Xavier Paul
  3. 1B Garrett Jones
  4. 2B Neil Walker
  5. LF Ryan Ludwick
  6. 3B Pedro Alvarez
  7. SS Ronny Cedeño
  8. C Michael McKenry
  9. LHP Paul Maholm
  1. RF Corey Hart
  2. CF Jerry Hairston, Jr.
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Prince Fielder
  5. 3B Casey McGehee
  6. SS Yuniesky Betancourt
  7. 2B Josh Wilson
  8. C Jonathan Lucroy
  9. RHP Zack Greinke

Media Coverage

Fan Sites

Last edited by Anonymous on August 12, 2011, 9:33 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-08-12 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win, 7-2; K-Rod first MLB hit]

Posted: August 12, 2011, 4:16 AM Post
Jerry Hairston Jr. with 2 home runs in 15 career AB's against Maholm. Maybe that's what it will take to get Roenicke to play him over Lopez.

Quote   Reply 
Online  2011-08-12 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers win, 7-2; K-Rod first MLB hit]

Posted: August 12, 2011, 4:28 AM Post
Hairston will be in CF tonight, Lopez will be at 2nd. Kotsay will be at first to give Prince rest as part of the "plan"

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 5:04 AM Post
Oh yeah, forgot Maholm was lefty. Yay, another Lopez start.

I had to laugh at the pitching matchup graphic on FSN last night. In about 40 fewer innings, Greinke had far more strikeouts and far fewer walks than Maholm, yet Maholm's ERA is about 7 tenths of a run better.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 5:33 AM Post
Those are quite possibly the worst BVP splits I've seen for Fielder (4 hits in 45 ABs, 2 BBs, 15 Ks, .250 OPS). In fact, after looking it up on Baseball Reference, that's the lowest OPS Prince has vs. a pitcher(minimum 20 PAs)

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 5:37 AM Post
I think at some point you rest the big fella though. Maybe if they face Maholm in Pittsburgh. MOve Casey to first and whoever to 3rd.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 5:43 AM Post
I don't think he needs a night off unless he's really struggling and he certainly is not struggling. That guy can play 162 this year.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 6:13 AM Post
FIB4Brew said:
I don't think he needs a night off unless he's really struggling and he certainly is not struggling. That guy can play 162 this year.

Agree. It's not like he tires himself on defense.

Ride his bat the whole way.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 6:15 AM Post
Can't take the foot off the gas pedal now. This is a game we should win. At home, against the Pirates who we've owned last few years, and with our most talented pitcher. Hopefully we take care of business.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 7:06 AM Post
This is a game that has two really important aspects with the Estrada start tomorrow:

1 - it would be huge if Greinke can go a long way tonight, at least 7 innings. Rest the pen for what should be a lot of innings tomorrow

2 - gotta get a W here, with Estrada going tomorrow, that game is probably penciled as a loss for me right now, so winning tonight is imperative

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 7:22 AM Post
Global Moderator
Brewers lineup via Tyler Barnes on Twitter:

Hart 9
Hairston 8
Braun 7
Fielder 3
McGehee 5
Betancourt 6
Wilson 4
Lucroy 2
Greinke 1

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 7:31 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
For some reason, I really enjoy entering lineups into the IGT when I can add "RHP Zack Greinke." Fan crush, reactivate! 1-0 for Friday, Brewers.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 7:42 AM Post
Global Moderator
For all the backup players going on here, I kind of like it. Start the series off right boys!

I agree on Prince, he does not need any rest, he's a beast.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 7:52 AM Post
I have no complaints with that lineup. Other than the on-going annoyance that Jon Luc should be hitting higher in the order, but that's something I've accepted at this point in the season.

GhostofQuantrill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 7:56 AM Post
You know when Melvin said he was looking to get another outfielder? Maybe Hairston is that outfielder.

Glad to see Lopez out of the lineup. With Lopez, Counsell, Wilson, McGehee, and Betancourt the Crew really does have a plethora of sub-par infielders. You have to assume Lopez will be gone soon

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 8:00 AM Post
Lopez wouldn't go anywhere until either Weeks or Gomez comes back, nless he really really blows (not that he's good now but he's still here). That will likely be September and in that case, you might as well just hang onto him with the expanded rosters.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 8:04 AM Post
Global Moderator
In about two and a half more weeks, Green and Gamel should both be on the bench, and I imagine Lopez and Wilson will receive pretty minimal playing time at that point.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 8:13 AM Post
Invader3K said:
In about two and a half more weeks, Green and Gamel should both be on the bench, and I imagine Lopez and Wilson will receive pretty minimal playing time at that point.
Are you aware of a manager switch taking place before then?! That's not the Roenicke way.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 8:36 AM Post
natronek8780 said:
Invader3K said:
Are you aware of a manager switch taking place before then?! That's not the Roenicke way.
Agreed. If they haven't called up either by now while Lopez and Wilson continue to get starts, I don't see them starting over the "veterans" once they are called up. They'll likely get the sporadic PH appearance every 4 games but that's it. I hope I'm wrong but for some reason the organization believes rookies will be terrible no matter who they are.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 12, 2011, 9:02 AM Post
I should just give up on this point, but is there some written rule that RR has that Lucroy can only hit in the 8 spot? Jeez.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 102 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply