LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  [ 277 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-08-14 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers win, 2-1, ten innings]

Offline  2011-08-14 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers win, 2-1, ten innings]
Posted: August 14, 2011, 11:59 AM Post
MillerParkSouth said:
... there was this guy behind us who was literally complaining about everything the entire game. Just whining about how bad Marcum was and how we couldn't hit the ball out of the infield, it was ridiculous. When RR pulled Hawkins for Wilson, the guy almost had a heart attack. He literally whined and threw a fit for the last 2 innings about how ridiculous it was that Hawkins wasn't allowed to hit for himself.
Well, there were some regulars missing in the IGT today.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-08-14 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers win, 2-1, ten innings]
Posted: August 14, 2011, 12:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
Ha that's pretty hilarious Hurricangecrush!

Great win and awesome way to end a great week!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 14, 2011, 1:17 PM Post
Lets keep this gong by taking the Dodgers series.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 14, 2011, 1:51 PM Post
My favorite part of being at the game was the "T" chant at the end of the game for Nyjer as he threw up the T. Great job by Marcum to settle down. He was getting hit hard early. Heads up running by Morgan on the called strike three in the 8th. Gotta love a walk-off win.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 14, 2011, 3:04 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
I didn't realize how nervous I'd become during that game until we left the park and I could feel how many muscles I had been tensing. I know the season probably didn't come down to today's game, but I really wanted the W. Way to essentially fail your way to victory, Nyjer, and possibly crush whatever was left of the Pirates' spirit.

A few chat room regulars will recall that before Mark Kotsay's walkoff hit in that Friday night July game, I vowed to buy a Kotsay shirt if he came through. He did, I did, and the S.O. wore the shirt to today's game. We were walking from the Molitor Lot to the park, I was counting Counsell shirts/jerseys (more about that in a moment) and had just mentioned the utter unlikelihood of anyone else at MP (or maybe on earth) having a Kotsay shirt - when of course we saw someone else, in the Braves lot, with a Kotsay shirt. That was special.

It didn't take long for me to lose count of the many, many fans wearing Counsell gear today. Let me make clear that I'm not a hater, and I joined in on the first at-bat standing ovation - but wow, is he the belovedest .140 hitter on earth or what? I know fans don't have to be rational, but it's a sight to see. (Psst, Cardinal Nation: if the Brewers were cheating, Craiggers would be hitting at least at the Uecker line.) I think Casey is the blue-collar-hero heir apparent, too.

The Brewers got through that 18-game NL Central stretch with a 16-2 record. I know, not the roughest division in baseball, but that's still quite an accomplishment. Don't let up, Brewers. I want a good reason to commit large $ toward postseason tickets.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 14, 2011, 3:27 PM Post
For anyone at the game or anyone on TV that could hear it:

After Nyjer's walkoff, and the cheering had settled down a bit, why were a large amount of the crowd booing?? I couldn't figure it out.

There was also a point earlier in the game when a section of RF was booing too.

Any answers?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 14, 2011, 3:29 PM Post
I was at the game and they were yelling TTTTTTTTT. and doing a time out. it was great.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 14, 2011, 3:30 PM Post
One of the little Winnie's went the wrong way, and Kotsay was right there and turned the little one around, they think it was his child.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 14, 2011, 3:57 PM Post
ilovebeer said:
I was at the game and they were yelling TTTTTTTTT. and doing a time out. it was great.

but TTTTTTTTT sounds nothing like "booooooooo"! i was so puzzled as i walked out because i know i heard boooooo. maybe the acoustics distorted it or something.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 14, 2011, 5:39 PM Post

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 14, 2011, 8:04 PM Post
hurricanecrush said:
MillerParkSouth said:
... there was this guy behind us who was literally complaining about everything the entire game. Just whining about how bad Marcum was and how we couldn't hit the ball out of the infield, it was ridiculous. When RR pulled Hawkins for Wilson, the guy almost had a heart attack. He literally whined and threw a fit for the last 2 innings about how ridiculous it was that Hawkins wasn't allowed to hit for himself.
Well, there were some regulars missing in the IGT today.
Awesome. Best line I've heard all day.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 15, 2011, 12:17 AM Post
Glennron said:
I desperately want to see more of this between now and November!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 15, 2011, 12:58 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
MoreTrife said:
ilovebeer said:

but TTTTTTTTT sounds nothing like "booooooooo"! i was so puzzled as i walked out because i know i heard boooooo. maybe the acoustics distorted it or something.
I agree that it sounded like some kind of "ooooooooo," but it was synced up with Nyjer throwing up the T, so that's got to be it.

Something I forgot to mention last night: I think a German Heritage Day was a fine idea, but it seemed to me the Brewers were scraping the bottom of the barrel to find appropriate between-innings music.

99 Luftballons - OK, that's German (and they actually used the auf-Deutsch version).
Da Da Da and Boom Boom - OK, Trio is from Germany.
Rock You Like A Hurricane? I know, the Scorpions are German, but really? I guess I was expecting more oompah music. It's not like the Brewers didn't know this was their promotion months in advance.

And that one Brew Crew couple in German garb were EVERYWHERE yesterday - from the parking lots honoring the free oil change car to our section tossing out T-shirts to Bernie's Dugout.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 15, 2011, 1:48 AM Post
COBrewerfan said:
The Truth said:
Just imagine how good this team could be if Doug Melvin & Ron Roenicke did a better job with personnel and starting lineups? Using Hairston more and having Gamel & Green up and starting would mean that McGehee could be a bench hitter and Corey Hart could be a bench hitter vs RHP with Gamel in RF.

Is this serious? Now we are benching Hart and McGehee? This has to be the best post ever. Do people really think they are just going to bring someone up and replace Hart's 800+ ops that easily? This cannot be a serious statement.
It's about the 220th best post ever.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 15, 2011, 3:23 AM Post
I was in the first row of the Loge level behind the Brewers dugout, and the sight of 80% of the Field level fans on the first base side throwing up the T as Plush came off the field was awesome.

It was my five year-old son's first Brewer game yesterday. Except for trips to the bathroom, he stayed in his seat/on my lap for the entire game, which I never expected. The only issue was one of those bathroom trips occurred in the bottom of the 9th. If Kotsay's fly ball had gone out, there is no telling how many times in his life the story would be told of how his first Brewer game ended in a walk off HR and we were in the men's room at the time.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 15, 2011, 4:34 AM Post
MoreTrife said:
ilovebeer said:

It was definitely a Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... although, once you get a few thousand people doing it, I am sure it doesn't sound anything like its supposed to.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 15, 2011, 4:28 PM Post
mnshady, were u sitting down the first base line in the lower deck? I was sitting in the same row.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  [ 277 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply