LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 154 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-08-22 Brewers (Greinke) at Pirates (Lincoln) - [Game 2; Brewers lose, 9-2]

Offline  2011-08-22 Brewers (Greinke) at Pirates (Lincoln) - [Game 2; Brewers lose, 9-2]
Posted: August 22, 2011, 2:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
Baseball is a funny game.

In a game with Narveson coming off the DL, with the lineup featuring Counsell and Kotsay, and with Morgan, Fielder and Braun going 1-15, the Brewers beat one of Pittsburgh's front-line starters.

Then, with a Cy Young award winner on the mound and their top lineup at the plate, the Brewers get beat by a spot starter.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-08-22 Brewers (Greinke) at Pirates (Lincoln) - [Game 2; Brewers lose, 9-2]
Posted: August 22, 2011, 2:10 PM Post
Rockies are closer to their division lead than the Cardinals are. Something to think about...

Also, a great quote from gateway tonight regarding the Cards...

"Tony is a herpes infestation on the crotch of this franchise."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2011, 2:11 PM Post
kicking off my shoes and stretching my legs out in this spacious 9.5 game lead.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2011, 2:11 PM Post
Silver lining that BA said which is the truth, got through a DH using only your 2 SP, Loe, Saito, Dillard, and Frankie. Not too bad.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2011, 2:17 PM Post
the best thing is we get beat like this make the Brewers come down to earth a bit while ticking them off to pay back the Pirates tomorrow.
still nice to be up by 9 after this.BTW Willy won;t get the win cause the Pen blew the lead.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2011, 2:20 PM Post
Today was a good day.

We split a DH, gained a half-game, shaved 2 games off of our magic number and got a blowout loss out of our system. The Brewers were due for one -- it had been since the Thursday after the All-Star Game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2011, 2:29 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Well...this stuff happens. Reset for Tuesday, Brewers.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2011, 2:38 PM Post
+9 ...sweet

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2011, 2:38 PM Post
I have no problem with a loss, but it seems like RR mailed this one in. Greinke could/should have been pulled after the first two got on. It was pretty clear he didn't have his good stuff to begin with. So why not Hawk or even KRod in that spot? Get out of it, and it's still tied or a 3-2 game maybe. But he lets Greinke stay and get ripped, then no choice really but to put Frankie in there to mop up.

Yea, I know it was a calculated risk to keep Greinke in with a short bullpen and live to fight another day. And if this was May 22nd, I would even agree with it. But late August, plus the team on a role...you gotta get while the gettin's good.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2011, 2:45 PM Post
As long as the loss doesnt start a downward spiral then Im fine with the game. These games happen to everyone.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2011, 3:52 PM Post
adamb100 said:
As long as the loss doesnt start a downward spiral then Im fine with the game. These games happen to everyone.

my thoughts exactly. i was worried about that happening after we started the road trip blowing a huge lead against the METS. but we rallied back, and despite the loss today, i don't think we should be concerned. the pirates just had a blow up game. no biggie.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2011, 10:39 PM Post
Woah man. I turned off the game early because I am not a "true" fan. Then I woke up this morning convinced that I heard the brewers scored 7 runs in the 9th to win the game. Turns out it was just a dream when I heard the score on the radio. What are these Brewers doing to me?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 22, 2011, 11:19 PM Post
Global Moderator
Teatoe993 said:
Woah man. I turned off the game early because I am not a "true" fan. Then I woke up this morning convinced that I heard the brewers scored 7 runs in the 9th to win the game. Turns out it was just a dream when I heard the score on the radio. What are these Brewers doing to me?

Yeah, I turned the game off in the 4th to play Socom, then one of the guys I was gaming with said they were down 8 - 2, I was like "that's fine, i'll check the score in the morning, and they'll have come back and won it.

To my surprise, shock, and abject horror, I was wrong.

Downward spiral, here we come.

Quote   Reply 
Online  2011-08-22 Brewers (Greinke) at Pirates (Lincoln) - [Game 2; Brewers lose, 9-2]
Posted: August 22, 2011, 11:49 PM Post
ECpackers said:
adamb100 said:

my thoughts exactly. i was worried about that happening after we started the road trip blowing a huge lead against the METS. but we rallied back, and despite the loss today, i don't think we should be concerned. the pirates just had a blow up game. no biggie.
The only worrisome part for me was the 2 runs against... well... a AAA pitcher, with really only 1 hard hit ball the whole game.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 154 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply