LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  [ 331 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-09-23 Marlins (Volstad) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers win, 4-1; win NL Central, stay classy]

Offline  2011-09-23 Marlins (Volstad) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers win, 4-1; win NL Central, stay classy]
Posted: September 24, 2011, 12:53 AM Post
Global Moderator
chuckiehacks said:
This was one of those games that where I never felt like the Brewers even had a chance of losing. The atmosphere at MP was electric last night and Braun, well what else can you say about Braun? Hits the big bomb, then in the celebration is jumping up on top of the dugout. Brewer fans under 30 - say hello to your Robin Yount.

I was at the game with my girlfriend, who didn't like baseball before we met. Now she asks me daily if the Cards lost. I turned to her when it got to 3-1 on Braun and said something along the lines of "you might see something special right here." Then, boom. Then for some reason my allergies got real bad...
Ha!!!!! When it was 3 -1 I turned to my wife and said "ol boy is gonna groove one here, he don't wanna face Prince with the bases loaded".

I didn't necessarily call the homer, but..........

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-09-23 Marlins (Volstad) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers win, 4-1; win NL Central, stay classy]
Posted: September 24, 2011, 1:36 AM Post
My daughter and I were at the game last night sitting in the Beerpen. Just an electric atmosphere. The crowd was just alive all game long. When Braun came up for his AB in the 8th, I told the people around us that the place was going to go up if he hit one out....not saying I called it, either!

We moved from the bleachers down to the lower section and eventually made our way up to the railing between home plate and the Brewer dugout. At least 10 players came over and shook hands with, and/or hugged the fans. Attempted to get as many pictures as I could - not many turned out, but this one was the best:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9324/1003240z.jpg

Prince stayed on the field interacting with the fans for well over an hour while celebrating with teammates and doing various interviews. Once he left (about 11:15 PM), they kicked everyone out.

Last edited by Daubs on September 24, 2011, 1:42 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 24, 2011, 3:05 AM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator
I've enjoyed this day a great deal, but I'm struck by how unsurprised I was at how things turned out. I mean, seriously, Ryan walked up in the 8th and I said to myself, well, this is what Ryan does.

I didn't feel a bit of surprise when Ryan homered. It was similar to the way fans felt in 1982. People expected good things to happen.

I think the most tense time for me at Miller Park was the few minutes between the last out and the time the Cubs-Cards game was put onto the video screen. There was no information at all about that game on the out of town scoreboard because it was busy displaying "Brewers Win" graphics. That period of time seemed interminable.

I saw the TV repeat of the moment where the Cubs had taken lead. The broadcast showed a replay of the homer, and it didn't do justice to the cheers that were in the house. The surreal aspect was that all of the cheering occurred before the scoreboard got around to showing the change in the score. Those of us who weren't directly following the Cubs game all knew that something good happened in St. Louis, but we didn't necessarily know that it was anything as cool as the Cubs scoring three runs.

During the broadcast of the game in St. Louis, there'd be brief interruptions when a new player interview would begin. In addition to the cheers that occurred for events in the Cards game, there'd be cheers for the Brewers players who appeared on screen.

As an aside, this game really demonstrated the problems that exist with the out of town scoreboard. It only displays three games at a time, the games rotate too quickly, there are different screens depending on if it's before, during, or after a given game, and there are no scores at all between innings. Fans relied on cell phones to keep up to date with the score.

Last edited by 1992casey on September 24, 2011, 3:10 AM, edited 1 time in total.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.
-- Sigmund Snopek

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 24, 2011, 3:20 AM Post
Polish Falcons said:
[b said:
topper09er[/b]]Where was Yuni on that? If he didnt even move an inch for it.....
Good question. He wasn't even in the camera frame although he clearly should have been at least somewhere in the neighborhood of the ball. I thought it looked foul. Inning over.

Ok, I realize that it's somewhat odd posting about this now. However, I was at the game last night with my son. We were sitting down the 3rd base line not far from where this ball dropped and we were both in shock that Yuni made absolutely no effoer, at all, to go after this ball. I'm not sure if there has ever been another player that I disliked more than Yuni B (even on another team). It was completely inexcusable not to go after that ball and seem to illustrative of his attitude in general.

This is not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 24, 2011, 3:28 AM Post
Anyone know where there is video footage of Prince on the dugout, or the Uecker post game interviews? I can't find them anywhere.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 24, 2011, 5:09 AM Post
Both BA's call and Ueck's call gave me chills. I literally got teary eyed with joy, and I am a 37 year old grown man with children. My wife thinks I'm nuts. LOL

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 24, 2011, 6:37 AM Post
wisniewski said:
Both BA's call and Ueck's call gave me chills. I literally got teary eyed with joy, and I am a 37 year old grown man with children. My wife thinks I'm nuts. LOL

Me too, but I'm 34

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 24, 2011, 9:36 AM Post
Global Moderator
we clinched and my wife started bawling. I was running around the house cheering wildly.

Earlier in the game, before she got home (she made it about 5 minutes after Ax saved it), I'm not afraid to admit that it got quite dusty in the house. And most of the night, too, as I'm reading threads, watching MLB Tonight, listening to highlights, etc.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2011, 7:24 AM Post
I was at the game....my wife (who also has a twenty pack just not tonight) was in our basement (with 3 tv's) sending me updates of the Cubs/Cards game via text so I had them before virtually everyone following on their phones.

When Braun was up and the count got to 2-1, I sent her a text message that said "Brace yourself. Braun is about to go yard here and the stadium is going to errupt". And then it happened and it was awesome. She asked me later how I knew or if I was just saying that (which would have been very unlike me). My only response was "You could just feel something was about to happen". There was no way of knowing, he just as easily could have grounded into a double play, but you just knew he was going to come through in some form or another.

Or maybe I got lucky Image Either way, it was one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed and something I won't ever forget. We stayed for everything after but finally left. I turned and told my friends it would be fine, that we're going to see this 3 more times again this year......

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2011, 10:37 AM Post

GIF Master
brwrsfan said:
I was at the game....my wife (who also has a twenty pack just not tonight)

She must work out.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2011, 2:22 PM Post
I have this game on my dvd, i like the guy in the first row on the end on every strikout he fist pumped and when braun hit the homerun to jumped out.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  [ 331 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply