LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 52 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-09-25 Marlins (Nolasco) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers win, 9-5]

Offline  2011-09-25 Marlins (Nolasco) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers win, 9-5]

Posted: September 25, 2011, 7:35 AM Post
That's right, but if the Cardinals win the WC and the Dbacks have the same record as us or better, we play the Dbacks in the first round without homefield advantage.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-09-25 Marlins (Nolasco) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers win, 9-5]

Posted: September 25, 2011, 7:49 AM Post
Schlitz001 said:
That's right, but if the Cardinals win the WC and the Dbacks have the same record as us or better, we play the Dbacks in the first round without homefield advantage.
Which is MUCH better than playing the Phillies in the first round, so go Cards! I was disappointed in all the fans rooting against the Cards on Friday. It was a short-sighted motivation. The Crew wasn't going to lose 5 straight at home against the likes of the Marlins and Pirates.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2011, 7:51 AM Post
lets just finish with a better record than the dbacks so we can pound the braves in round 1.

anyone know who plays the braves if we tie the dbacks in record and braves win the wild card?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2011, 7:52 AM Post
zookerman182 said:
lets just finish with a better record than the dbacks so we can pound the braves in round 1.

anyone know who plays the braves if we tie the dbacks in record and braves win the wild card?

D-backs have the tiebreaker based on 4-3 season record vs the Brewers.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2011, 8:01 AM Post
Bernman23 said:
Schlitz001 said:
Which is MUCH better than playing the Phillies in the first round, so go Cards! I was disappointed in all the fans rooting against the Cards on Friday. It was a short-sighted motivation. The Crew wasn't going to lose 5 straight at home against the likes of the Marlins and Pirates.
It's hard for me to imagine a more brutal sports scenario than the Brewers losing to the Cardinals in the playoffs. It would be much worse than the Packers losing to the Bears/Vikings/Cowboys in the NFC Championship game if you ask me. It's probably rational to want the Cards in the playoffs to avoid the Phils in the first round, but I couldn't stomach potentially facing them in the NLCS.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2011, 8:03 AM Post
That was a heck of a play by Yuni

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2011, 8:05 AM Post
Bernman23 said:
Schlitz001 said:
Playing the Braves in the first round is a better matchup then playing the DBacks in the first round, regardless of who has homefield advantage, so rooting against the Cardinals is forgivable. All you can do for sure at this point is cheer for the Brewers and against the DBacks and hopefully things shape up so that the Brewers don't have to face the Phillies in round 1.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2011, 8:25 AM Post
Is anyone paying attention to the Giants/DBacks game? Upton got hit by a pitch in the 1st, and then was taken out before the second inning started. Did anyone see it? Where did he get hit?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2011, 8:30 AM Post
Doesn't matter what AZ does if the Brewers don't lose again

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2011, 8:31 AM Post
Global Moderator
AZ not backing down. Looks like this will go until Wednesday.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2011, 8:36 AM Post
Nice sweep by the Brewers..

Jason is right, home field advantage is in our hands

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2011, 8:50 AM Post
Dmiles23 said:
Is anyone paying attention to the Giants/DBacks game? Upton got hit by a pitch in the 1st, and then was taken out before the second inning started. Did anyone see it? Where did he get hit?
He got hit in the head.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 52 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply