LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next  [ 423 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-09-26 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 9-8, still 1 up on D-Backs]

Online  2011-09-26 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 9-8, still 1 up on D-Backs]
Posted: September 26, 2011, 3:34 PM Post
Dodgers do us a favor. 8 runs against the Pirates should have resulted in a much better result, though.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-09-26 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 9-8, still 1 up on D-Backs]
just to pile on RR, I completely dont understand his bunting logic at all. he sacrifices in the first, but refuses to the bunt the runner over in the ninth when the brewers are down one, no outs, guy on second. I dont think i would bunt in any situation other then down one in the ninth. RR bunts in just about situation, then refuses to bunt when i can finally get on board with idea. he is really frustrating. I miss macha so much.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-09-26 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 9-8, still 1 up on D-Backs]
zookerman182 said:
BALL GAME!!!

thank god we stay the way we started
Not much of a consolation when we should be in the driver's seat to clinch the 2 seed.

Quote   Reply 
Remember the good old days...when the Pirates didn't know how to win in Milwaukee? Now...they put up 9 runs.

Quote   Reply 
Online  2011-09-26 Pirates (Morton) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 9-8, still 1 up on D-Backs]
Posted: September 26, 2011, 3:35 PM Post
We can thank the Dodgers who just pulled it off. Now we still can clinch homefield by winning our last two.

I think Gibson just lost my Manager of the Year vote. A sac bunt with 1 on and 1 out in the 9th, down by 2? Seriously?

Quote   Reply 
Schlitz001 said:
This was Roenicke's worst game of the season managing that I've seen. Where is the urgency to win? He started the game like it didn't matter and then somewhere toward the end decided that maybe it did kind of matter.

You can't do these things if you want to win an important September game:
1.Rest Braun
2. Start Kotsay batting 3rd
2.Pull Weeks
3. Pitch De La Cruz
4. Pinch hit McGehee
Makes me wonder how bad he's going to be in the playoffs.

Quote   Reply 
could have wrapped up home field tomorrow, now we'll likely have to win out.

Quote   Reply 
whew. no blood. many large opportunities missed on the Brewers' part, but everyone ends the day where they started. could've turned out much worse.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2011, 3:36 PM Post
adambr2 said:
We can thank the Dodgers who just pulled it off. Now we still can clinch homefield by winning our last two.

I think Gibson just lost my Manager of the Year vote. A sac bunt with 1 on and 1 out in the 9th, down by 2? Seriously?
100% not a sac, he was bunting for a hit and failed miserably

Quote   Reply 
I get that it was a frustrating loss but the players blew this game not RR. Weeks, Hart, and Yuni all failed to get in a guy from 3rd with less than two outs; obviously Casey & Kottaras didn't come through in the 9th, Morgan misplayed the winning run pretty badly, Lucroy can't hit off of a tee right now, and Marcum pitched like dog poop. A lot of blame to go around tonight.

The players blew the chance to go up 2 with 2 to play

Quote   Reply 
If the Brewers are forced to use Gallardo on Wednesday, then he won't be ready for either game 1 or 2 this weekend.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2011, 3:37 PM Post
pebadger said:
Marcum gives up 7 runs in in 4 2/3 and everyone is complaining about everything else.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Offense scored 8 runs. However, those were incredibly frustrating at bats by McGehe and Betancourt at the end of the game.

The other thing I can't help but forget is the blown call by the ump on the D'Arnaud stolen base. He was clearly out number 3 on that play, I don't know what the ump was looking at. Then he goes on to score and the Brewers lose by 1 run. Annoying.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2011, 3:38 PM Post
fondybrewfan said:
I get that it was a frustrating loss but the players blew this game not RR. Weeks, Hart, and Yuni all failed to get in a guy from 3rd with less than two outs; obviously Casey & Kottaras didn't come through in the 9th, Morgan misplayed the winning run pretty badly, Lucroy can't hit off of a tee right now, and Marcum pitched like dog poop. A lot of blame to go around tonight.

It is a lot more difficult to make good contact off of Joel Hanrahan than it is to pencil Ryan Braun in the starting lineup, or only use pitchers on your playoff roster in a must win game

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2011, 3:39 PM Post
carniesandrubes said:
could have wrapped up home field tomorrow, now we'll likely have to win out.
We can still wrap up home field tomorrow with a win and a DBacks loss, no?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2011, 3:40 PM Post
fondybrewfan said:

I can see where Roenicke made some questionable choices, but fondy's right: The Pirates' pitchers kept trying to give the game away and Brewer after Brewer failed in countless golden chances to put the Brewers ahead.

Again, thankfully, it's a push all around. Gotta forget today and go get 'em tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2011, 3:41 PM Post
topper09er said:
fondybrewfan said:

It is a lot more difficult to make good contact off of Joel Hanrahan than it is to pencil Ryan Braun in the starting lineup, or only use pitchers on your playoff roster in a must win game
Yes. Apparently Braun needed some time off because he'd hit too many home runs lately.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2011, 3:42 PM Post
I think you guys need to take a deep breath on RRR tonight. If he thinks Braun could use a blow to be ready for the playoffs considering his injuries this year the he should rest him. Yeah, Kotsay wouldn't be my pick for 3rd, but Kotsay has been solid since he subbed for Braun when he was hurt. Weeks is still injured, they are going to be careful with him. With de la Cruz, he got out of a jam in the fifth and only gave up one run. As for McGehee, it was down to him and George. They were both going to hit...I'm not sure there is a huge difference outside of George being a lefty.

I have plenty of issues with RR...bunting in the first, etc...but this one was on a crap start by Marcum, a bleed by the pen including Saito and missing a few key hits...6 more inches by Lucroy and they win it. Go get em tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2011, 3:44 PM Post
Marcum had an extremely unlucky inning early in the game... think it was the 2nd inning but I can't remember. While he was definitely not in top form, the hits were not thunderous tonight from the Pirates. A lot of hits falling in that weren't hit all that hard.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2011, 3:58 PM Post
Braun was one of the first guys off the bench and he came up with a huge hit, so I don't know how you can defend RR for resting Braun when he was clearly ready to use him right away. Either rest him or start him, don't bring him in in the 6th inning. The guy is the likely MVP of the league, we need him in the lineup in must win games if possible. Maybe Braun is really suffering and we don't know about it, but it's not apparent in his swing.

Kotsay has had some good at bats this year, but I'm not sure how anyone can defend him batting 2nd or 3rd in this lineup.

Maybe more of the blame should go on Marcum and not on RR, but it frustrates me to know that there is even a possibility that tonight's game wasn't a priority game in his mind.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2011, 5:19 PM Post
Just got back from the PHX/LAX game..we were given a gift by the Dbacks tonight by them bunting to the pitcher in the 9th. I had my phone glued to my ear the entire game listening to Uecker while trying to root for the Dodgers tonight(its not as bad as rooting for the Cubs). What was kind of sad was the Dbacks are in a race for the 2nd seed and they just clinched the NL West and the stadium was quiet for the most part except for a couple catches by the Dbacks. Contrast that with the Uecker feed I was listening to, and I could hardly hear him at times. The attendance in AZ was around 29k, while the Brewers was around 42k. I just hope we can rebound tomorrow and lock this up.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next  [ 423 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply