LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 87 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011 non-Brewers LDS Thread

Offline  2011 non-Brewers LDS Thread

Posted: October 04, 2011, 3:18 AM Post
brwrsfan said:
TheBwaz said:
Is it just me or does Sabathia look much heftier recently?

I said this to my wife last night. He has a massive gut. He was never small, but he looks at least 20-30 lbs heavier than when he was here.
I think he has put on weight but I also think they cut the Yankee uniforms in such a way to make heavy guys look heavier. Probably a Steinbrenner thing to get David Wells to lose weight..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2011, 3:31 AM Post
endaround said:
I think he has put on weight but I also think they cut the Yankee uniforms in such a way to make heavy guys look heavier. Probably a Steinbrenner thing to get David Wells to lose weight..

I always thought vertical stripes were supposed to be slimming? /blue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2011, 6:25 AM Post

TLR fined for whining about the umpire.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2011, 8:19 AM Post
Global Moderator
Rangers knock the Rays from the playoffs and now have the problem I fear the Brewers having, sitting around until the weekend to play again.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2011, 9:11 AM Post
The Rays prove once again that, with the rare exception,* you cannot win with just stellar starting pitching. You must have some semblance of an offense, or a couple of breakout players.

*The 2010 Giants (terrible offense) and 2006 Cardinals (not really good at anything) jump to mind.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2011, 10:51 AM Post
whizkid said:

TLR fined for whining about the umpire.

If they keep this up this trend and fine him every time he complains, he'll be broke in a year.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2011, 11:05 AM Post
Cardinals are getting baserunners but not runs.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2011, 11:07 AM Post
Wow. I can't believe the umpires just overturned a call. Schumaker makes a diving catch. It is ruled a trap and the umpires huddle and overturn the call.

LaRussa would probably have huge fines after the game if that wasn't overturned and the Phillies score more runs.

(Replay please)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 04, 2011, 12:03 PM Post
Its kind of interesting how up and down the cardinals forum is during the last three innings of this game. All doom and gloom after the 3 run homer. All jacked up after the first 1st run. Back to being disgusted after only scoring 1 run. Excited when they loaded up the bases, but absolutely demoralized when Craig grounded into the double play. Morale was at its peak in the 9th only to let out expletives a mile long when they lost in the 9th.

At times, I know people complain about the relative strictness of this forum, but personally I would rather have a well moderated, friendly forum versus the mostly pessimistic "fans" of the cardinals

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2011, 1:39 AM Post
Global Moderator
Hey, whaddaya know, the Cardinals are complaining about something again;

"We can't do anything about it," said Pujols, who had four hits, including three doubles. "We've been talking all year long, there is nothing we can do about it. Maybe if we were the New York Yankees maybe we would have played an 8 [p.m.] game today. It is what it is. I just don't understand when we play a 4 [p.m.] game. The league knows we have tough shadows out there, but there's nothing you can do. They're making their money, they're paying their money. I guess they put the game time however they want it."

Link

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2011, 8:51 AM Post
Global Moderator
So, Charlie Manuel seems to really want to clinch tonight and save Halladay for the NLCS. He said pre-game that Lee is available out of the pen tonight.

Also, Holliday is in the lineup tonight for the Cardinals.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2011, 10:27 AM Post
The Cardinals are so sneaky, now they are shooting squirrels across home plate. At least we are subtle enough just to mess with the light boards.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2011, 10:40 AM Post
That play by Pujols was awesome.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2011, 11:12 AM Post
The Cardinals are going to ruin this postseason for me. I don't think I could stomach watching a best of seven with them, not to mention the horror of seeing them advance further than the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 
Online  2011 non-Brewers LDS Thread

Posted: October 05, 2011, 11:21 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
We have to pull for the Cards tonight so that the eventual winner has to waste another starting pitcher on Friday.

As for who to play in the NLCS? The Phillies are ridiculously good, while the Cardinals have the rivalry aspect. I want the Brewers to be the team to put away the Cardinals, and it will be a great showcase for the NL Central after recent terrible performances. Think of all the storylines:
-Divisional rivals
-1982 rematch
-Controversy with LaRussa's complaining
-Top two free agents on display

A major brawl would almost be guaranteed to break out in that series. Bring it on.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2011, 11:21 AM Post
Well, the Cardinals winning tonight is good either way. If the Phillies win game 5, it's ikely Halladay wouldn't be available until game 3 of the NLCS because he'd have to pitch game 5 of the NLDS.

As bad as it would be to see the Cardinals advance further than the Brewers, wouldn't be equally as positive to watch the Brewers beat the Cards in the NLCS? I'm going to wait until the NLCS is set up before I start talking too much.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2011, 11:48 AM Post
Dont forget if we play the Cardinals we'd have home field advantage over them as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 05, 2011, 11:54 AM Post
Agree with Schlitz. At this point, IF we can find a way to win tonight (or Friday), we're going to have to beat either a really, really good team by winning at least one game on the road or a ridiculously hot team that happens to be a major rival. There are plusses and minuses in both scenarios, I think, so why not just enjoy Game 5 and let the baseball gods decide what happens.

The good news is that a Brewer win tonight means Gallardo-Greinke avoiding Halladay or Carpenter, and that's big. Really, really could use this this one in a half hour or so. Let's get it and then scout the Phils-Cards pressure free.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 06, 2011, 2:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
Maybe it's good that we're not in these situations all of the time, so we can actually appreciate them instead of taking them for granted. The Yankees just had the bases loaded, 1 out, bottom of the 7th, down by 2, heart of the order up, and the crowd was on their feet, but pretty much just standing there not making much noise. I couldn't help but think of how rocking Miller Park would have been in that moment.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 06, 2011, 2:36 PM Post
Global Moderator
see that was confusing to me. I couldn't believe that Yankee fans were just standing there while I was watching. It was either (a) they were nervous that Detroit was going to get out of it, or (b) they knew it was their God-given right that they'd win so why bother cheering in such in inconsequential inning such as the 7th.

I'm leaning toward (b).

Three more outs, Tigers!!!!!

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 87 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply