LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next  [ 824 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-10-05 Brewers (Wolf) at Diamondbacks (Saunders) - [Brewers lose, 10-6; NLDS Tied 2-2]

Offline  2011-10-05 Brewers (Wolf) at Diamondbacks (Saunders) - [Brewers lose, 10-6; NLDS Tied 2-2]
Posted: October 05, 2011, 4:01 PM Post
fastball right down the middle to weeks. Sure, why wouldn't you, I guess?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-05 Brewers (Wolf) at Diamondbacks (Saunders) - [Brewers lose, 10-6; NLDS Tied 2-2]
Posted: October 05, 2011, 4:02 PM Post
SeriesFinale said:
B2k1121 said:
Hit a guy on the arm on an 0-2 pitch....."booooooooooo"
To be fair, Brewers fans (and pretty much everyone) does this too
Shhhh, I'm on a roll.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2011, 4:03 PM Post
Well at least this game is over.

Quote   Reply 
Weeks popped it up, I'm surprised.

Quote   Reply 
Odds on a grand slam tomorrow by the d-backs?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2011, 4:04 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Well it all comes down to Friday. Scary.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2011, 4:05 PM Post
Pretty confident about about Friday. Just keep it under 5 runs through the first 7 innings and it's game over. They'll do their job.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2011, 4:05 PM Post
I officially believe green should be at third and hairston at second on Friday. Weeks looks awful right now. Overswinging and off balance on every at bat. He is pressing big time and looks helpless.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2011, 4:07 PM Post
a3uge said:
Pretty confident about about Friday. Just keep it under 5 runs through the first 7 innings and it's game over. They'll do their job.
Yeah, I'm not pleased they couldn't take one of these two (I liked their fight tonight offensively) but I'm feeling fairly good about a team that gave up 18 runs the last two days

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2011, 4:08 PM Post
I'm not confident at all for Friday. Sure we have played awesome at home all year but I can't see us pounding Kennedy. Yo better bring his A+ game on Friday. I think it will be a pitcher's dual.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2011, 4:16 PM Post
I feel like we're the underdog on Friday. We got destroyed the last two games. Two grand slams and a bunch of other home runs. One of the best pitchers in the league against us. All the pressure on us. I don't see how anyone can feel confident about winning on Friday. Sure, we could win, but I have zero confidence. Yo doesn't bring his A+ game and it's basically over. We wold have been the first NL team ever to lose a NLDS series after being up 2-0 as well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2011, 4:36 PM Post
mastershake76 said:
Odds on a grand slam tomorrow by the d-backs?

0% chance. Oh wait, its already Thursday.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2011, 4:38 PM Post
B2k1121 said:
I wouldn't be worried if the game was played on paper. There's a lot of luck involved in baseball, and the Dbacks seem to be catching every break. There's no doubt in my mind the Brewers are better than the Dbacks, but it doesn't always work that way. For instance, Hart's bases loaded at bat vs Roberts.
There's doubt in my mind that the Brewers are better than the Dbacks. We have far more star power, which gives us a much better 1-2 punch, but they have waaaaaaaay more balance offensively and they are superior defensively.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2011, 5:17 PM Post
SoCal glad you made it. Sorry to miss you. I was trying to post during the game but blackberry didn't cooperate. I agree with your comments and everyone else's about how dead their ballpark is, that the Brewers seemed loose before the game, how annoying their fans are (they booed Yo, Zack and Ax during the pregame introductions, EVERY check of the runner, EVERY mound conference etc.) When they booed Fielder in the 9th even the Dback fan (and lifelong Phoenician) next to me said "aren't they over that yet?" Good for her; I'm less embarassed to have been born in Phoenix. While the games sucked it was great touching base with a lot of interesting folks. I'm sure my 6th try at finally seeing a Brewer clinch will be the one.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2011, 6:20 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
stoutdude04 said:
Ball hit farther then Roberts and its an out. Funny game.

My thoughts exactly. This one hurt -- so many chances to both stem the bleeding and tack on runs.

brwrsfan said:
We wold have been the first NL team ever to lose a NLDS series after being up 2-0 as well.

Well there's a title I'd rather the team avoid.

"The key is identifying the moment. The worst is when you try to do it halfway: when you think you can compete and you also think you're trying to rebuild. Then you're stuck in no-man's-land. You either do it or you don't." -- Billy Beane

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2011, 12:11 AM Post
Global Moderator
Still in a cloudy state here. I'm seriously trying to rationalize why things went so poorly for Marcum and Wolf in AZ. Marcum was completely overwhelmed and in a daze. Looked like a deer in headlights. Wolf just plain got rocked. He was crushed. RR could seem to make no moves fast enough, he was clearly out managed. I still can not figure out why wolf was allowed to get into sooo much trouble.
I can't see why there were so little patience at the plate from the #5 slot down when we were at bat.
Lots of questions, few answers, cautiously optimistic for Friday. I think the Brewers can win, and St.L/Philly going 5 helps ease the use of Yo, so maybe that's a plus or at least an equalizer? I don't really know. I've had time to digest, just not fully understand how things went so terribly wrong for Marcum,Wolf,RR.
Any fresh thoughts now that you've slept and hopefully gotten the anger out?

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2011, 12:51 AM Post
Today, and probably today only, I'm just thankful for the competitive season the Brewers put together this year. Win or lose tomorrow, it was nice to root for a team that did some pretty incredible things this year. Lots of fun moments to remember.

I know people will jump on here and say, "If they don't make it to the NLCS, none of that matters." That's a completely valid argument, and one I'll likely be slurring at about 7:30 on Friday if they spit the bit in game 5. But for today, I'm just going to enjoy the fact that this has been the most fun for me to be a baseball fan since 1992.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2011, 1:08 AM Post
brewerjamie15 wrote:[/b said:
Any fresh thoughts now that you've slept and hopefully gotten the anger out?
There were a number of positives in the game that should have led to a win:
(1) Production from the bottom of the order: Betancourt - 3-for-4 with a 2B; Gomez - 2-for-3 with a HR; Kottaras - 0-for-3, with RBI groundout.
(2) Offense scores runs: Six runs were scored on the road. That is a total that should put a team in a position to win.
(3) Pitching from the bottom of the staff: Estrada put up scoreless innings, as well as Loe.
(4) Hairston's continued success: 2-for-4, 1 BB, 1 2B. Good approach at the plate each at-bat.

But then there were the negatives that led to a loss:
(A) Wolf's and Narveson's inability to finish off innings: 7 out of 10 runs scored by Arizona were on 2-out RBIs.
(B) Rickie Weeks' night: 0-for-5, 1 GIDP, 6 LOB.
(C) No "big hit" = No "big inning": The hits to drive in multiple runs just never came, even when some of the "big hitters" came up to bat.

At some point, you have to chalk some things up to "luck": Hart's SF could have been a double or HR leading to multiple runs, and the game would have changed. Not much can be done about that. There was enough done by the team without optimal performances from the entire lineup to nearly win the game despite Roenicke's failure to pull Wolf in the 3rd inning. That is what makes the loss tough to accept.

A repetition of Arizona's performance in Game 4 need not be expected: a Roberts fly-out to left-center instead of a GS down the line and a Weeks single to left instead of a DP to 3rd in the 1st inning were just as likely as the reverse that actually happened. That would have completely changed the game. Friday will be tough, but I don't think that Tuesday's and Wednesday's performances necessarily portend doom and gloom.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2011, 2:52 AM Post
If this series has taught me anything, it's that teams that win 2 games in a row don't win the next game. I am fully confident that the best home team will win a decisive game at home. You can say all you want about the dbacks having momentum, but didn't we have momentum earlier in the series? Didn't work out too well for us in game 3.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2011, 4:06 AM Post
Wow this board had really hit the Pits and guy like Jason talk about me. Guys we played 162 games to get home field and that what we got for a game 5. The Diamondbacks are a good team notice there record. They did what they were supposed to do win there games at home like we did in the 1st two. IT be up to the Crew to play there game and come up with the win.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next  [ 824 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply