LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  [ 824 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-10-05 Brewers (Wolf) at Diamondbacks (Saunders) - [Brewers lose, 10-6; NLDS Tied 2-2]

Offline  2011-10-05 Brewers (Wolf) at Diamondbacks (Saunders) - [Brewers lose, 10-6; NLDS Tied 2-2]
Posted: October 06, 2011, 4:14 AM Post
[b]sdcheezhd]SoCal glad you made it. Sorry to miss you. I was trying to post during the game but blackberry didn't cooperate..

Sorry I missed you too sd. I posted from the park early, by the time I could get back in the IGT was on page 21.

Hats off to hawing who got me to download "Written in the Stars" on my ipod which I listened to a dozen times on the trip over to Phoenix to fire me up. That song will either be my favorite or the bane of my existence in 48 hours.

The overall experience at the park was mixed (I'm trying to be balanced after an emotional loss)...it's kind of a strange place. I've been to AZ at least 50 times, but this was my first ever stay in downtown Phoenix...I haven't missed much. It's very nondescript. Everything is nice and clean, but very bland and dead. I'm actually more of a fan of the downtown parks than big parking lot venues (although Milwaukeans know how to bring their own fun to the park with tailgating), but with downtown Phoenix there's no there, there unlike an east coast park or even a Denver or Seattle.

The roof was closed...everyone was pissed about that. It was low 70s with no wind...pathetic, but this is MLB's call.

We went down by the field pre-game and saw the Brewers take BP. They looked loose. We were cheering on Tony Plush...I got him to crack up when I yelled "way to tickle that one" when he took one the opposite way during BP. Prince & Rickie were hitting bombs...if only Sveum could pitch to my hobbling hero Rickie during the game. Plenty of national media hanging around as well.

The stadium has many similarities with MP, but is more cavernous especially in the upper reaches of the stadium so it feels bigger. The outfield and scoreboard are very similar.

There were plenty of empty seats in the upper deck. It looked about half full. The rest of the stadium was full. They said attendance was 38k and there were plenty of tickets available outside at or below face. I paid less for this one and had better seats than a few weeks ago in Milwaukee for a regular season game.

An issue with Phoenix is the DBacks are everyone's second favorite team. It reminds me of how the Angels have been out here. As people raise their kids there and they grow up to follow them they'll build more of a fanbase (like the Angels have), but right now people just aren't that invested in the team. I spoke to plenty of fans, they all like the DBacks but then mentioned they were fans of some other team...mainly the Cubs.

The place we stayed at was within walking distance and had plenty of Brewers/Miller Park employees staying there. We met a bunch of really cool people. They had a double whammy...the disappointment of losing, then getting ready for a home game on Friday. It was beers and blackberries after the game.

Lastly, we sat fairly close to Mark A and saw him downstairs when we made a pit stop. We were down about 7-3 and the poor guy was pacing and looked sick to his stomach. I really want to Crew to win for that guy...he's poured his heart, soul and cash into this team and deserves more than a financial reward for his efforts. As does the City of Milwaukee and the respective diaspora. The Milwaukee metro area is less than half the size of Phoenix and could have sold out three Chase Fields last night. Hopefully that earns some points with the baseball gods. If there is justice, the next DBacks home game will be in April...in front of 8k fans with the roof closed.

Hang in there Brewers fans.

EDIT: Added spacing

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-05 Brewers (Wolf) at Diamondbacks (Saunders) - [Brewers lose, 10-6; NLDS Tied 2-2]
Posted: October 06, 2011, 4:58 AM Post
It's not so much that we lost the 2 games, it's HOW we lost. They just hammered us. Both games. Our offense was horrid in game 3, better in game 4 but we couldn't drive anyone in. Couldn't get the big hit at any point and we couldn't get out of any innings, giving up 7 runs with 2 outs. Had we lost both games 2-1 or something I'd feel a lot better. Getting destroyed in two of the biggest games of the year leaves something quite different in my mouth right now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2011, 5:42 AM Post
I ok going into game 5 at home think the HF will make all the difference.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2011, 2:39 PM Post
And this start can be forgotten.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  [ 824 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply