LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  [ 505 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-10-09 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Greinke) - 3:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-6; lead NLCS 1-0]

Offline  2011-10-09 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Greinke) - 3:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-6; lead NLCS 1-0]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:20 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
To reiterate about the field bleachers...the empty-looking sections are set up for media access (of which there is presumably more, now that it's the Championship Series round). The rows at the front of those sections are empty so that fans don't block the view of the media seated at the rear. This is why Robin19 and YaDerHeySki were booted from their full-season seat location for the postseason. Image

When I stepped away last night to use a restroom, I walked behind the press box area on the loge concourse, and a largish area is curtained off for Media and Press Access. There were just tables and chairs behind the curtains, so I'm guessing it's more feeding space. Incidentally, I was happy to see that the loge concourse was a veritable ghost town (I used the restroom during Nyjer's PH at-bat). Then I was sad to see people actually LEAVING THE GAME at that point.

Kudos to section 223 (next to ours), who stood up a lot more than my seat neighbors in 222. The crowd in my vicinity was a few notches less active than Friday night, but Friday was extraordinary, so I'm not going to hate. No kudos to the guy seated directly behind me who, once Axford came in for the 9th, kept yelling at everyone to "STAND UP PEOPLE! IT'S THE BOTTOM OF THE NINTH!" Extra kudos to the fan in front of me who turned around and politely pointed out to this guy twice her size that it was the top of the ninth. Ha.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-09 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Greinke) - 3:07 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-6; lead NLCS 1-0]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 4:14 AM Post

I hate the Cubs. I hope they die.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 5:13 AM Post
^^^^^^^^^^

This had me LOL'ing.... HARD.... At work...

thankfully no one was around...

typical hitting coach gathers his hitters in a room and is telling them to get a good pitch to hit."
typical pitching coach for the same team is in another room at the same time telling his pitchers, "Get ahead. Throw first-pitch strikes."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 5:42 AM Post
I was at the game so I can't say how the pitch was...and if I recall correctly Pujols may have even broken his bat on this....but on his double play in the 7th yesterday he had this to say:

"I had a good pitch to hit, man. I just missed it," he said. "You throw me that pitch, I bet you seven out of 10 times you throw that, I put it in the seats. It is what it is. It's baseball. You're going to get opportunities and, hopefully, I come through."

edit: Here is a link to the video. It's not a great pitch but it's not horrible. His bat definitely broke. He had to be at least moderately fooled to take a swing like that and have the bat shatter.

Last edited by brwrsfan on October 10, 2011, 5:47 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 6:59 AM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
No way -- if Prince Albert grounds into a double play, he meant to.

"The key is identifying the moment. The worst is when you try to do it halfway: when you think you can compete and you also think you're trying to rebuild. Then you're stuck in no-man's-land. You either do it or you don't." -- Billy Beane

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  [ 505 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply