LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 566 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]

Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:29 PM Post
Home from the game already. We had the most obnoxious Cardinal fans behind us. Couldnt take it anymore

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:37 PM Post
Uhhhh, they seem to be able to hit. Guess we just have to out score them.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:39 PM Post
Just a thought, hope this isn't Fielder's last game here....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:40 PM Post
mmwtdh said:
Just a thought, hope this isn't Fielder's last game here....
You might have more luck on the jsonline blogs. They'll take you're bait. Good luck to the Cardinals the rest of the series.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:42 PM Post
And this is the first time the Brewers have held Furcal hitless since he became a Cardinal (0-5). We should have saved that till Wednesday!

Quote   Reply 
Online  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:42 PM Post

Front Row Amy still scoring. Way to hang in there girl.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:44 PM Post
Find a way to win Game 3 or Game 4---maybe even both---and tonight will be a distant memory.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:44 PM Post
Stuck with it the whole time. Good thing baseball doesn't have aggregate scoring.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:47 PM Post
sdcheezhd said:

Front Row Amy still scoring. Way to hang in there girl.

I forgot who said it, but it was right on.." Front row amy is Paris Hilton without the $$" Enough already. Her 15 minutes was over long ago.
And I admit I am in a bad mood from the game .....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:50 PM Post
Wow. I thought that I was a negative person. I'm thinking the Cardinals used up a lot of their lucky breaks tonight. It's just one game in a seven game series, folks. Did anyone honestly expect Marcum to be on his game? I'll be disappointed if the Brewers don't get 2 of 3 in St. Louis. I don't have much confidence in Wolf, but I think the Gallardo and Greinke starts are W's. Did I miss something, and Carpenter turned into Bob Gibson or something? Wasn't he like 1-7 at one point this year? He is certainly capable of being lit up.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:57 PM Post
The way I look at it is this... Game 3 is a toss-up with both aces going. They win, I feel a lot better.

If they lose, things get scary. Wolf and Greinke on the road needing a win? Yikes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 3:00 PM Post
The Brewers winning even a single road game automatically sends the series to Milwaukee for at least 1 game so at least 1 win is essential though I'd probobly prefer 2.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 3:01 PM Post
RockCoCougars said:
Wow. I thought that I was a negative person. I'm thinking the Cardinals used up a lot of their lucky breaks tonight. It's just one game in a seven game series, folks. Did anyone honestly expect Marcum to be on his game? I'll be disappointed if the Brewers don't get 2 of 3 in St. Louis. I don't have much confidence in Wolf, but I think the Gallardo and Greinke starts are W's. Did I miss something, and Carpenter turned into Bob Gibson or something? Wasn't he like 1-7 at one point this year? He is certainly capable of being lit up.
You don't even need to light him up. Just score a couple. Yo is very capable, has he's already proven this postseason. Sucky game, but I'm not giving up hope yet.

Go Brewers!

Quote   Reply 
Online  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 3:07 PM Post
Wolf shut the Cardinals down at Busch on Labor Day. Not really a must win game but very nice at the time. I told myself that last week too but I think he's matched up better against the Cards overall than the Dbacks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 3:08 PM Post
Guess my "Cards in 5" prediction wasn't so crazy after all...

At least those $200+ Diamond box tickets for games 6 and 7 will be refunded.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 3:15 PM Post
sdcheezhd said:
Wolf shut the Cardinals down at Busch on Labor Day. Not really a must win game but very nice at the time. I told myself that last week too but I think he's matched up better against the Cards overall than the Dbacks.

I was at that game. Nicest anyone in St. Louis has ever been to us about being Brewers fans. They had all given up all playoff hopes after that game. Now every bandwagon fan is coming out of the wordwork down here. Yuck.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 3:25 PM Post
Global Moderator
I fully expect this series to come back to Milwaukee. However- I have no clue as to how we win this thing with just two starters that are effective and one of them betting bailed out by an offense that put up 9 runs.
Gotta see just how RR rallies the troops for game three. I actually expect to beat Carpenter believe it or not. But like I said, and this is not a shocker to any of you- NO team can win a best of seven with just two starters.
Pretty shocked right now. Not by the loss, but at just how terrible things looked for us. That was an embarrassment.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 3:33 PM Post
brewerjamie15 said:
I have no clue as to how we win this thing with just two starters that are effective and one of them betting bailed out by an offense that put up 9 runs.
That's why tonight was such a huge loss. If they could have somehow stolen one tonight, then they could conceivably get away with it since Yo would probably have two starts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2011, 11:37 PM Post
Global Moderator
carniesandrubes said:
Guess my "Cards in 5" prediction wasn't so crazy after all...

At least those $200+ Diamond box tickets for games 6 and 7 will be refunded.
Oh crud, did they already play the next three games last night? I must have slept through it.

Seriously, this was just one loss folks. The series is tied. The Brewers still have a chance. I was at the game last night, and yes, it stunk. Still no reason to throw in the towels.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 11, 2011, 12:49 AM Post
Global Moderator
Invader3K said:
Oh crud, did they already play the next three games last night? I must have slept through it.

Seriously, this was just one loss folks. The series is tied. The Brewers still have a chance. I was at the game last night, and yes, it stunk. Still no reason to throw in the towels.

No, there isn't. I'm not giving up, but given the starts by Wolf, Marcum (2) and Greinke, I'm going to go ahead and say I'm pretty nervous. Yo is the only one not getting tagged. Greinke had a less than average outings by his standards, Wolf? Marcum? No need for me to tell you what happened to them is there? How do you beat a team with basically 1.75 starters? If you don't score 15 runs a game you are in trouble.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 566 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply