LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  [ 566 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]

Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 11, 2011, 3:26 AM Post
brewerjamie15 said:
Invader3K said:
Oh crud, did they already play the next three games last night? I must have slept through it.

Seriously, this was just one loss folks. The series is tied. The Brewers still have a chance. I was at the game last night, and yes, it stunk. Still no reason to throw in the towels.

No, there isn't. I'm not giving up, but given the starts by Wolf, Marcum (2) and Greinke, I'm going to go ahead and say I'm pretty nervous. Yo is the only one not getting tagged. Greinke had a less than average outings by his standards, Wolf? Marcum? No need for me to tell you what happened to them is there? How do you beat a team with basically 1.75 starters? If you don't score 15 runs a game you are in trouble.
The end of hot streaks and cold streaks seem completely unpredictable. I know everyone says Marcum is spent, yada, yada, yada. The crazy August run ended for the Brewers at some point, the crazy run for the Cardinals could very well end Tuesday. It's not even like the Brewers are down in the series yet. This team has been very resilient all year. I'm not tremendously confident, but I still believe.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 11, 2011, 3:33 AM Post
Like someone else pointed out, if the Brewers take 1 out of 3 games on the road, then this series is coming back to Milwaukee. The last Milwaukee team to win the World Series was down 1-2 and ended up winning the series. This is far from over and I having a feeling that Gallardo is going to realize the magnitude of this next game and come through in a big way.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 11, 2011, 5:11 AM Post
craigharmann said:
But BA said if he retires now, he's a HOF. No way if he retires tonight he's in.

He's in. First ballot. Easily. See Sandy Koufax for the simplest comparison.

I hate the Cubs. I hope they die.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 11, 2011, 3:17 PM Post
reading some on this board you think we were down 3-1 instead of tied 1-1 geez .
also ps if the Brewers can't take 1/3 in StL they didn't deserve to come back.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 11, 2011, 3:43 PM Post

I prefer to make the Manny Ramirez comparison. Fingers crossed that he gets caught before he retires.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 11, 2011, 11:51 PM Post
RockCoCougars said:

I prefer to make the Manny Ramirez comparison. Fingers crossed that he gets caught before he retires.

Well, yeah, that would be better.

I've said this for years though. I'm still waiting.

I hate the Cubs. I hope they die.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  [ 566 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply