LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 566 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]

Author Message
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:55 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4150
I agree with you about the way Loe is used. Earlier in the season, RRR was using him all kinds of wrong and Loe was ripped to shreds. There were some lucky hits that inning, but there were also some hard hit balls. This just wasn't out night tonight.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:55 PM Post
Posts: 953
Mr QL said:
I hope the team gets boo'd off the field tonight


That'll show em!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:55 PM Post
Posts: 392
On a brighter note: It's like a new 5 game series against a team who already used up all their luck.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:55 PM Post
Posts: 704
Well I guess we only have 1 starting pitcher. Greinke, Wolf, Marcum could maybe toss a quality start, but I don't think the chances are any better than 50/50 for any of them going forward. Score at least 6 runs or have Gallardo go 7 innings 1 run.


Last edited by umphrey on October 10, 2011, 1:58 PM, edited 1 time in total.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:57 PM Post
Global Moderator
Posts: 3530
Location: mKe
I just can't understand why it is that we look so God Awful Bad in games. Games 3,4 NLDS and now this. This team seems so fired up and hot at times and then this, where absolutely nothing or very little goes right. Is RR just that far behind in making moves? How is it that the pitching can be so apauling? How can an offense expect to have to keep coming back from such massive defecits? How is it that the defense can be so lost? I just can't see why this is what it is. Nothing seems consistant. I don't get it.
I turly hoped this would be a Brewer victory in six games. Now for that to happen we need two in St.Louis. I'm not sure how that goes down.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:57 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3884
Location: Somewhere near Mark A's place
RR actually had some decent comments RE: Loe in the paper today...made me think he, albeit belatedly, figured him out...

"Kameron Loe, early in the season I was using him because we didn't have everybody back. He was lights-out against righties but was also throwing well against lefties. Then the lefties started getting to him a little bit. But those three guys to cover the sixth and seventh innings, you couldn't ask much more out of what they've done for us."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:57 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2654
craigharmann said:
If Pujols were to retire, he's a Hall of Famer? Really? I don't think he has the numbers, does he? And I really hope that the Cards overpay to keep him.

Hope this is supposed to be in blue, but yes he will be a HOF unless Steroids come into the picture with him ever.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:57 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1021
Location: Central PA
Game is out of hand, but I want to see some runs this inning. Get something started that might carry over into next game. At least boost some confidence in the offense that even decent starting pitching should be enough to win this series.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:58 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4676
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Poor pitching by our starting pitcher who only went 4 innings tonight another bad outing in the playoffs. The last two games Marcum has pitched are the reasons why I don't want the Brewers to even think about extending Marcum. Trade him this off season and don't even think about extending Marcum at all Melvin as this is Suppan 2.0 with his very bad fastball. He has no fastball and hast to rely on location way to much for him to be successful definitely someone the Brewers need to sell high on this off season. Marcum needs to pitch better the next time he comes up in the rotation otherwise I would just place Narveson in his spot instead and see how that goes.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:58 PM Post
Posts: 953
YoGasKpose said:
Alright, not our night. Am I crazy to think the Crew still has a shot to take this in St. Louis? Carpenter-Gallardo is now a huge pivot game, but after that it's Wolf-Lohse and then Greinke-Garcia again. None of those matchups is too scary to me.

This series is just getting started. I don't think many people thought there would be a 4-5 game set going on here. This thing is ticketed for 6 or 7, so get some runs, see some pitches, and get the heads screwed on straight for Wednesday.


Yes, you are crazy. I'll be happy with 1.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:59 PM Post
Posts: 323
Location: MKE, WI
YoGasKpose said:
Alright, not our night. Am I crazy to think the Crew still has a shot to take this in St. Louis? Carpenter-Gallardo is now a huge pivot game, but after that it's Wolf-Lohse and then Greinke-Garcia again. None of those matchups is too scary to me.

This series is just getting started. I don't think many people thought there would be a 4-5 game set going on here. This thing is ticketed for 6 or 7, so get some runs, see some pitches, and get the heads screwed on straight for Wednesday.

The Greinke-Garcia one I feel best about. Wolf/Loshe certainly scares me. And so does Gallardo/Carpenter mainly due to how dominating he was against Philly, and Gallardo's struggles against the Cards. We'll see. I'm really hoping they can somehow take two, but I'm thinking one is most likely.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 1:59 PM Post
Posts: 2126
I am serious, it was an all around terrible performance. While my heart still hopes they can turn things around in St. Louis my brain says it's unlikely that we don't return to Milwaukee down 3-2 if at all. They way the series are set up in completely favors the road team, I wish we could of turned down home field advantage. I'd rather have those 3 in a row at home.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:00 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 614
brewerjamie15 said:
I just can't understand why it is that we look so God Awful Bad in games. Games 3,4 NLDS and now this. This team seems so fired up and hot at times and then this, where absolutely nothing or very little goes right. Is RR just that far behind in making moves? How is it that the pitching can be so apauling? How can an offense expect to have to keep coming back from such massive defecits? How is it that the defense can be so lost? I just can't see why this is what it is. Nothing seems consistant. I don't get it.
I turly hoped this would be a Brewer victory in six games. Now for that to happen we need two in St.Louis. I'm not sure how that goes down.
This tends to happen in games where our starting pitchers max out at 86 MPH and lack location - a recipe for disaster in AA ball, let alone the MLB playoffs. Roenicke has got to start employing an extremely quick hook when Wolf and Marcum are on the mound. There's nothing to save Narveson for. Use him. He had a 1.20 ERA in 15 innings against the Cards this year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:01 PM Post
Posts: 3906
adamb100 said:
craigharmann said:
If Pujols were to retire, he's a Hall of Famer? Really? I don't think he has the numbers, does he? And I really hope that the Cards overpay to keep him.

Hope this is supposed to be in blue, but yes he will be a HOF unless Steroids come into the picture with him ever.
Why would he? He doesn't have 500 HRs, doesn't have 3,000 hits.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:02 PM Post
Posts: 323
Location: MKE, WI
SoCal Brew Crew Fan said:
RR actually had some decent comments RE: Loe in the paper today...made me think he, albeit belatedly, figured him out...

"Kameron Loe, early in the season I was using him because we didn't have everybody back. He was lights-out against righties but was also throwing well against lefties. Then the lefties started getting to him a little bit. But those three guys to cover the sixth and seventh innings, you couldn't ask much more out of what they've done for us."

He had Hawkins though, which I think a lot of people, including myself, were angry about. I know Saito was gone during some of that period, and obviously K-Rod wasn't there yet, but Hawkins was pitching really well and not getting a lot of opportunities in late innings.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:03 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2485
nate82 said:
Poor pitching by our starting pitcher who only went 4 innings tonight another bad outing in the playoffs. The last two games Marcum has pitched are the reasons why I don't want the Brewers to even think about extending Marcum. Trade him this off season and don't even think about extending Marcum at all Melvin as this is Suppan 2.0 with his very bad fastball. He has no fastball and hast to rely on location way to much for him to be successful definitely someone the Brewers need to sell high on this off season. Marcum needs to pitch better the next time he comes up in the rotation otherwise I would just place Narveson in his spot instead and see how that goes.

Don't turn this into another Marcum is Suppan argument. He's not. He's younger and has had success his entire career. In fact, we wouldn't even be here without Marcum. That being said, yes Marcum's results have been bad recently but Narveson is known to give up the big innings too. Marcum is still the better pitcher.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:03 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8005
well terrible effort by Marcum but it only 1 game mo matter how much we lose by. PS did we sweep This team on their Turf this season?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2654
craigharmann said:
adamb100 said:
craigharmann said:
If Pujols were to retire, he's a Hall of Famer? Really? I don't think he has the numbers, does he? And I really hope that the Cards overpay to keep him.

Hope this is supposed to be in blue, but yes he will be a HOF unless Steroids come into the picture with him ever.
Why would he? He doesn't have 500 HRs, doesn't have 3,000 hits.
He'll have 500 homers in 2013. Hes about 1000 away from 3K hits so thats too early to tell.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:05 PM Post
Posts: 323
Location: MKE, WI
brewmann04 said:
well terrible effort by Marcum but it only 1 game mo matter how much we lose by. PS did we sweep This team on their Turf this season?
That they did. There's certainly been some success in St. Louis (or at least it feels that way to me...), but the playoffs are a different animal. I'm hoping they can do some damage out there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-10 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 12-3; NLCS tied 1-1]
Posted: October 10, 2011, 2:05 PM Post
Posts: 3906
But BA said if he retires now, he's a HOF. No way if he retires tonight he's in.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  [ 566 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test