LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next  [ 912 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-10-12 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 4-3; trail NLCS, 2-1]

Offline  2011-10-12 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 4-3; trail NLCS, 2-1]
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:22 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
This game was lost because our "ace" (we don't have one) gave up four runs in the first inning. Not because of the guy who doesn't take the field.

No

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-12 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 4-3; trail NLCS, 2-1]
That first inning play by Kotsay was a killer, as was Rickie's K in the fifth. No baserunners after that.

Well, Kyle Lohse can be had tomorrow, so let's hope Wolfie brings his A game. Still a long way to go, folks.

Quote   Reply 
fondybrewfan said:
Another game where we didn't take advantage of some early chances and it hurt.

Wolf needs to keep us in the game tomorrow; we can certainly hit Lohse
We had some early chances, but the Cards also had some chances to put the game away and they couldn't. Basically, the Brewers just got out-managed today. Play your hunches in June, not October.

Quote   Reply 
OldSchoolSnapper said:
This game was lost because our "ace" (we don't have one) gave up four runs in the first inning. Not because of the guy who doesn't take the field.

Four runs most likely don't score if that guy who doesn't take the field doesn't have a guy in CF who also shouldn't be taking the field.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Quote   Reply 
Good night now

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:23 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

the guy that doesn't take the field put a player on the field that can't play defense.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:24 PM Post
RR wont need to explain anything. Our local media wont press the issue, and the natl media wont care.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:24 PM Post
dlk9s said:
I have a feeling we're going to win the next two. Then again, the last time we were up 3-2 on St. Louis, we know the result.
Wish I could say that. The way these games have started and the way Wolf pitched in AZ make me feel like they have little to no chance.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:25 PM Post
^^^^This.

Quote   Reply 
jason21nl said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

the guy that doesn't take the field put a player on the field that can't play defense.

Put Morgan or Gomez in CF instead of an aging awful defender and that same ace pitches a shutout or gives up 1 run.

How anyone could possibly defend Roenicke right now is beyond me. If he starts Kottaras in CF, Prince at shortstop, and Betancourt at catcher, is it not his fault because he doesn't take the field?

Quote   Reply 
I get the frustration with Kotsay. I do.

But Braun and Fielder did not come through tonight, and when they don't drive in runs, this team has a real hard time winning ball games. I think they'll be ready tomorrow, and, to be honest, I like the Crew's chances in Game 5.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:26 PM Post
Randy Wolf is pitching the next game, right? Yeah, confident is not the first feeling that comes to mind. Scared, is my first thought.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:27 PM Post
We can talk all we want about Kotsay starting and that his baserunning error sucked and Gomez or even Morgan probably prevent at least a couple runs in the first, but the real problem I'm seeing is that Hart and Weeks started the off-season 2 weeks ago. We need more than 2-3 guys hitting the ball. Braun, Fielder, Hairston, and even to an extent Betancourt his last couple games have been good, but that's about it at this point. Unless we get some more guy contributing it doesn't matter about our defense or even how good our pitching is, gotta score some more runs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:28 PM Post
I put that loss completely on Ron Roenicke. If you have a hunch that Kotsay is gonna hit well then you sit Hart and put Kotsay in RF, but his horrible defense in CF cost us at least 2 outs in the 1st inning, at least 2 to 4 runs and was the difference. Abysmal managing by Roenicke tonight

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:29 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

Our ace gave up four because of our managers decision to start Kotsay in CF. If he didn't want to start Morgan he has to go with Gomez. Gomez gets to that Jay single with ease. I honestly think GoGo could have tracked down that Pujols double as well. It was in the air a long time. Kotsay only ended up about 10 feet from it, and I can almost guarantee GoGo could have made up that distance with his speed.

I get the Kotsay start, but he can't be put in CF especially in a game were every run matters. He should have been in right for Hart, and JHJ could have lead-off. RR is completely clueless.

The no hits from the 5th inning on is also hurts, but it wouldn't have mattered with a 4-2 lead now would it?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:30 PM Post
HAHAHAHAHA RR called that hit by Jay perfectly placed between Braun and Kotsay. You are an epic fail.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:30 PM Post
well we know Yuni will be no more next year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:32 PM Post
All of my worst fears from 2 weeks ago have come to fruition. I can't even watch baseball anymore because I hate STL so much and watching the Brewers puke it up to them sickens me. Losing to anyone else would be disappointing but losing to these sanctimonious jerks just ruins the game.

Kotsay in CF in April when guys were hurt didn't bother me but now in a playoff game when Morgan and Gomez are healthy in a game when runs should be at a premium and defense should outway a dozen ABs half a decade ago or more leaves me speechless. The RR hatred have won me over. I was souring on the whole McGehee is automatically the PHer to go to and pitching moves in the playoffs but this game was the final straw. RR is in over his head and the playoffs are no time for being a players manager.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:32 PM Post
Gomez gets both those balls in the first-too simple to say that was the ballgame but it could have been the difference. Kotsay replaces Hart? Is Corey going to start tomorrow?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2011, 2:33 PM Post
The players play the game, the manager puts the players in the best position to be successful.

Putting Kotsay in CF doesn't set him up for success with his skill set. Putting McGehee in as a pinch hitter against a like-handed pitcher who throws high 90's doesn't put him in a position for success.

The players didn't make Carpenter pay for not having anything tonight. He gritted through 5 innings, showing how good of a pitcher he is, but he could have been had.

Team loss.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next  [ 912 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply