LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  [ 572 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-10-14 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Garcia) [Brewers lose, 7-1; trail NLCS, 3-2]

Offline  2011-10-14 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Garcia) [Brewers lose, 7-1; trail NLCS, 3-2]
Posted: October 14, 2011, 2:15 PM Post
Ha I don't think Counsell knew where that ball was.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-14 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Garcia) [Brewers lose, 7-1; trail NLCS, 3-2]
Posted: October 14, 2011, 2:16 PM Post
The Cards have been the better team since Sep if you really think about it and would be the worst nightmare seeing them celebrating at Miller Park.
I still think if the Brewers can jump to and early lead and Marcum can go @ least 5 they have a good shot at a Game 7. But this team defense is so bad right now even has me thinking can we do it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 14, 2011, 2:17 PM Post
Back against the wall Brewers, fight back or get knocked out. Your choice.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 14, 2011, 2:17 PM Post
Well they have a decent shot. They play well at home. For some reason I have a terrifying feeling they'll lose Game 7. The Cardinals celebrating at Miller Park would truly be Hell on Earth.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 14, 2011, 2:18 PM Post
I am afraid that CC atbat might foreshadow a Weeks benching. I hope not.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 14, 2011, 2:28 PM Post
razzzorsharp said:
I am afraid that CC atbat might foreshadow a Weeks benching. I hope not.

He couldn't be any worse.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 14, 2011, 3:03 PM Post
The Brewers need an total team effort Sunday if they want a game 7

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 14, 2011, 3:29 PM Post
rawbecht said:
WisconsinSportsRule said:
Estrada better not see the mound the next 2 games...

That's the kind of crap managing that makes me hate Roenicke. Saito, KRod and Axford can never pitch when they are losing. But La Russa has no problem using anyone in his bullpen at any time.
It also helps he's working with a lead. The Brewers again leaving a small village on the base paths and piss poor D costs us this one. I will admit La Russa's the better manager but I don't get how this game was poorly managed. Poorly played, YES. Poorly managed, no.

Gotta defend the home turf boys. Please let the Marcum of July show up! I'm pissed about the loss tonight, but I'm oddly confident about taking care of business at home.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 14, 2011, 4:52 PM Post
Global Moderator
Seems to me we can blame RR all we want for defense. We blame Kotsay, we blame Hart. we blame Weeks, Yuni and Fielder. We blame the defense of McGehee. One simple fact remains- RR can only use what's available. He was given a crappy defensive team to start the season, and he has a crappy defense to end it. Unfortunately, it appears as if the defense is what will end the season. These guys were bad defensively all season and if you look back to game one of the year you would remember thinking that our defense would be a major problem in the post season. Guess what? DM's plan to out slug his bad defense went the route we figured it would. It went poorly. It lost us several post season opportunities.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 14, 2011, 10:49 PM Post
brewerjamie15 said:
DM's plan to out slug his bad defense went the route we figured it would. It went poorly.
His plan didn't go too poorly. They are two wins away from the World Series.

But, it was predicted early on that they would be one of the worst defensive teams in baseball. They really showed it last night.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 15, 2011, 1:10 AM Post
Global Moderator
As much as you can blame the terrible defense for last night's depressing loss, the Brewers probably weren't going to win putting up just one run anyway.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 15, 2011, 4:44 AM Post
Global Moderator
moofnelson said:
brewerjamie15 said:
DM's plan to out slug his bad defense went the route we figured it would. It went poorly.
His plan didn't go too poorly. They are two wins away from the World Series.

But, it was predicted early on that they would be one of the worst defensive teams in baseball. They really showed it last night.

"Went poorly" was a rather poor choice of words. Getting this close (not over yet) is better than superior defensive teams have done. I realize that. It's just a shame that the inferiority in the field is so heavily weighted against us. Tough way to lose games. It's a real let down emotionally for the fans, not to mention how guys feel when making an error. It's just rather shocking to see a major league player appear so amateurish while fielding the ball or throwing it. Granted errors occur from time to time. They are amplified ten fold in the playoffs, and last night screamed of inability to get guys out.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  [ 572 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply