LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next  [ 1066 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

Offline  2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]
Posted: October 16, 2011, 2:52 PM Post
dlk9s said:
Beast Light said:
I hope that next year, they drop the whole beast mode and shirt untucking kind of stuff. It's kind of embarrassing to see the Cardinals get the last laugh.
Heaven forbid they enjoy themselves.
Or win a pennant, I guess.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]
I didn't participate much the last 12 weeks but I still read the forums here and there. Thanks for another good season bf.netters.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
- Plato
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
- Plato

Quote   Reply 
logan3825 said:
Give Yuni his walking papers.
right now..call him into the office, and send him packing

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2011, 2:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
Thanks for a great season ladies and gents. Hell of a season. Is it April yet?

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Quote   Reply 
Global Moderator
thanks,e veryone, for hanging out in these threads. it's been fun.

My last thoughts:

GO RANGERS!!!!

Quote   Reply 
dammit Albert, stop saying nice things about the Brewers

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2011, 2:54 PM Post

GIF Master
Sad ending, but great season. For years, I didn't even think the Brewers would make it to an LCS in my lifetime.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2011, 2:54 PM Post
Go Rangers is right. I hope the Cardinals get crushed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2011, 2:55 PM Post
This will be my last post on this forum for a few weeks while I recover from all this, but I wanted to say what a great year it has been. It's been very emotional and I haven't been able to get a lot of productive work done outside of thinking about the Brewers and the playoffs. It was definitely a learning experience with all of the ups and downs and overreactions to each and every pitch. I love this game with every ounce of me and there is no way I could go through life without it.

I'm going to remove the Brewers cowboy background from my computer and delete some of the baseball shortcuts from the shortcut bar. Congratulations to the Cardinals, but even more so congratulations to the Brewers. If you would have told me that we'd be one of the last 3 teams standing during spring training, I would have called you a wide eyed optimist, and that's exactly what this playoff run has turned me into.

I love baseball, I love this team. Get ready for next year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2011, 2:55 PM Post
Total sadness.

Just not good enough. The unveiling of the 2011 Division Winner flag will be bittersweet, given the way the season ended.

Oh, and all those who wanted the Cardinals to make the playoffs or to be the opponent in the NLCS......the big lake east of the stadium is perfect for jumping in.

April 2012 won't come soon enough! See all you Brewerfan.net people then, if not before for some hot stove talk.

Last edited by ReverendBrewmeister on October 16, 2011, 2:58 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2011, 2:56 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
I still remember when I found out about the Greinke trade how excited I was. It was an incredible season, everything I could have hoped for except those last 2 wins. Morgan's walk-off was my favorite Brewers moment, ever.

For what it's worth, Albert thinks Prince will be back ;-)

I think what hurts most is that I wasn't in Milwaukee to experience it. Was really looking forward to the hypothetical World Series. Someday it will happen.

Quote   Reply 
fondybrewfan said:
NYChez said:
I'm not prepared to watch the Cardinals celebrate on our field.

Simple solution; I will not watch any MLBNetwork, ESPN, or Local News for the next week.
You don't have to worry about ESPN - they'll be too busy showing football highlights from today. You can't even get college football highlights on a Sunday because they think people want three hours of Gameday.

Well... it was a good season. And the Nyjer walkoff was something special. I think that celebration may have taken too much out of them. It seemed like the Cardinals were destined to win with how their pitchers were hitting the corners and their OFs were catching everything over their heads. The Jay catch in the 9th was fitting of the series.

Thanks Brewers, and Brewerfan.net, for a fantastic season. Here's to hoping they trade Hart + Gamel for a good SS and resign Fielder.

Quote   Reply 
Ugh, they even brought Bud Light with them into Miller Park

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2011, 2:59 PM Post
It's been a fun ride, tip of the hat to the Cardinals, they played really, really well. This offseason for the Brew Crew should be...interesting to say the least. It might be irrational or whatever, but I will never be able to look at Marcum the same way again. He was decent for half the year, but all I will think next year when he pitches is "There's the guy who torpedoed our post season run..."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2011, 3:01 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
This is their 18th pennant? That is disgusting.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2011, 3:02 PM Post
We gave it one hell of a shot.

See you on April 6.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2011, 3:03 PM Post
jason21nl said:
logan3825 said:
Was it Yuni who gave up all the home runs to the Cards? Or gave up 12 hits to Freese? Or made three errors the last two games responsible for four unearned runs? He's not the reason they aren't going to the World Series.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2011, 3:05 PM Post
obsessedwithbrewcrew said:
This is their 18th pennant? That is disgusting.
Of course, it does help that they have been playing since 1892. 12 of the 18 were before the MLB expansion in 1969, so there's a lot of past glory.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 16, 2011, 3:06 PM Post
LouisEly said:
jason21nl said:
logan3825 said:
Was it Yuni who gave up all the home runs to the Cards? Or gave up 12 hits to Freese? Or made three errors the last two games responsible for four unearned runs? He's not the reason they aren't going to the World Series.

this series isn't the reason why I want him gone. I want him gone because I think he is slow and lazy and overall I think he sucks. I don't want to watch him play for the Brewers anymore.

Quote   Reply 
Online  2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]
Posted: October 16, 2011, 3:29 PM Post
Global Moderator
bucksman4 said:
The Brewers, for lack of a better term, were out-classed in this series. Pitching, hitting, defense, bullpen, managing...we didn't deserve to win this series, plain and simple.

At the very least, we won't have people spewing nonsense like "oh we should've won that series" because it's just not true.
What about people spewing nonsense like "they didn't deserve to win"?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next  [ 1066 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply