LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 152 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2011 World Series: AL Champion vs. NL Champion

Offline  2011 World Series: AL Champion vs. NL Champion

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:38 PM Post
Freese walk off anyone?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:39 PM Post
Yeah definitely. I've watched about five innings all series because I hate the Cardinals so much. I've watched the innings when they were down two. After they tied it, I walked away both times (didn't even wait to see if they won).

Quote   Reply 

Worse. It'll be a Molina walk off.

Quote   Reply 

If there's been a luckier team in the history of sports, I'd like to know who they were.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:40 PM Post
called that one

Quote   Reply 

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
lbb020 said:
Aren't any of you enjoying this game? This is what makes baseball, and sports for that matter, amazing. Down to 1 strike and down by 2 runs TWICE! Unreal.
It is remarkable, and I'm not really thinking yet about the prospect of no live games for 5 months. I'd rather it were two teams I have no opinion about, rather than one which I hate with the fire of a billion suns.

Edit: I'll say it again. Fire. Of a billion suns.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

So obvious.

Quote   Reply 

David Freese is un-freakin-real. That dude is in the process of solidifying himself as the #1 hometown hero of STL forever.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:42 PM Post
I'm going to look back on baseball reference's game logs to pinpoint exactly when David Freese sold his soul.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:42 PM Post
Global Moderator
Literally hadn't watched a single out of the WS until I turned it on in the top of the 9th tonight. I'm now going to gouge out my own eyeballs.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:43 PM Post
This has been one of the best world series I've ever seen and I've watched most of them in the past 20 years, too bad nobody is watching it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:46 PM Post
It sure feels like STL has already won the World Series, doesn't it? It has to be devastating for Texas to not be able to capitalize on two 2-run leads late in the game and demoralizing to know they can't keep this STL team down with their bats. Hard to imagine Texas comes out confident tomorrow after tonight's result.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:46 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Stevo said:
I'm going to look back on baseball reference's game logs to pinpoint exactly when David Freese sold his soul.
I've cited Satan many times when trying to explain the Cardinals' success.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:48 PM Post
MNBrew said:
David Freese being David Freese, why in the world wasn't Feliz busting him inside? Didn't Texas learn anything from how the Brewers pitched Freese & the rest of the Cardinals all NLCS?
David Freese being David Freese, why in the world wasn't Lowe pitching him inside?????

Seriously.

Fail to bust him inside once, shame on you . . . but lucky to get another lead. Fail to brush him back in the next AB with the game on the line AGAIN? You deserve to lose if you keep failing to correct the same mistake against these evil Cardinals. Just ask our dear Brewers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:50 PM Post
I guess I don't hate the Cardinals enough to not enjoy a game like this.....I definitely want them to lose tomorrow, but if they end up winning it's not going to affect my life at all. I just want to see a good game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:53 PM Post
Not like it's going to "affect my life" or anything, but I just don't want to watch the Cardinals celebrate.

La Russa "smiling" and clapping tonight was one of the most unsettling things I've ever seen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:56 PM Post
Stevo said:
Not like it's going to "affect my life" or anything, but I just don't want to watch the Cardinals celebrate.

La Russa "smiling" and clapping tonight was one of the most unsettling things I've ever seen.

My sentiments exactly. I won't wake up Saturday morning bitter and angry allowing it to affect my mood, but in the moment tomorrow night it would leave a pit in my stomach watching LaRussa, Carpenter, Molina, and Pujols bask in the glory of a World Series title.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 3:57 PM Post
The Cardinals just don't bug me, don't know why. They generally play the game the right way, La Russa is one of the better managers out there even though he is a boob. I originally said I was cheering for the Cardinals but on second thought I hope the Rangers win but this series has been so amazing I really don't care who wins, it was one of the better post season series I've seen in quite some time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 4:03 PM Post
bucksman4 said:
Stevo said:

My sentiments exactly. I won't wake up Saturday morning bitter and angry allowing it to affect my mood, but in the moment tomorrow night it would leave a pit in my stomach watching LaRussa, Carpenter, Molina, and Pujols bask in the glory of a World Series title.
You two both do realize that you don't have to watch them celebrate if they win, right? I also will not enjoy watching them celebrate if they win, that's why I won't watch.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2011, 4:17 PM Post
I can't ever remember a team having this kind of "team of destiny" aura like these Cardinals. More lives than a cat. Unbelievable.

If St. Louis wins this thing, the Brewers can at least look back with dignity about two very significant things: 1) The last 3 times they've made the playoffs, they'll have lost to the eventual WS champs; and 2) They made it within 2 wins of the World Series and were the last team eliminated before the WS loser lost the WS. I don't care how you slice that latter one, but in the big picture, there's no disgrace in the season they had (though you could argue there was at minimum some ugly loss of face for how badly they lost the last 2 games to the Cardinals).

I really keep rooting for the Cardinals to lose. But it hasn't worked since late August, so I don't have great hopes that that's going to change much in the season's last game tomorrow night. Boo!

Oh, it would be quite pleasing, though, should Texas actually come back tomorrow night and totally shut down St. Louis (PAST the last out, since just getting up to the last out isn't enough to convince the Cardinals they're going to lose).

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 152 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply