LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  [ 288 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]

Offline  Re: 2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]
Posted: June 13, 2018, 7:29 PM Post
stalton said:
YelichPosse said:
after monday's game.... who here thought we would have not only won the next two but shut them out in both? not me.. lol.

hell of a job to get the monkey off the back so to speak!

They said on the radio that the cubs have only been shut out in back to back games once in their history and the first time on back to back days.

I think they got something wrong. They were shut out on back to back days last season against the Dodgers. May 26th+27th.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]
Posted: June 13, 2018, 8:14 PM Post
Ennder said:
stalton said:
YelichPosse said:
after monday's game.... who here thought we would have not only won the next two but shut them out in both? not me.. lol.

hell of a job to get the monkey off the back so to speak!

They said on the radio that the cubs have only been shut out in back to back games once in their history and the first time on back to back days.

I think they got something wrong. They were shut out on back to back days last season against the Dodgers. May 26th+27th.

That was specifically against the Brewers that they'd only been shut out in back to back games once and never on back to back days.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 14, 2018, 11:41 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Uecker makes a great point, Cishek should not get warmup pitchers. That's BS

It is BS and I hope the league changes this.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 14, 2018, 11:44 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Great managing Maddon, all that fancy maneuvering for a loss...

I know a couple of Yankee fans who live near me in FL and they can't stand Maddon. Must be from when he managed the Rays.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 14, 2018, 11:45 AM Post
Bulldogboy said:
Fun game and great win. Maddon making moves like he knows the brewers are going to be around all year and needed a win to keep the narrative going. Brewers have to feel like a bit of a monkey is off their backs. Also Chacin has been fantastic. Very impressed with that dude!!

Yes, he's been great. Glad we have him. [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 14, 2018, 12:34 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:

I don't get this. It's not like they lost because of that, they lost because they didn't score. His maneuvering did exactly what they wanted it to do. Said after the game he did that in the 8th to try to preserve the pen in case it went to extras which made a lot of sense.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 14, 2018, 5:47 PM Post
adambr2 said:
KeithStone53151 said:

I don't get this. It's not like they lost because of that, they lost because they didn't score. His maneuvering did exactly what they wanted it to do. Said after the game he did that in the 8th to try to preserve the pen in case it went to extras which made a lot of sense.

So these 8th inning guys all got warmups?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 14, 2018, 5:47 PM Post
adambr2 said:
KeithStone53151 said:

So these 8th inning guys all got warmups?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  [ 288 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply