LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 46 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

6/24/03 Cubs(Wood) vs Brewers(Q)

Offline  6/24/03 Cubs(Wood) vs Brewers(Q)

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:07 AM Post
Global Moderator
Starting this up for tonights game.

Stupid baserunning in the first, but Jenks makes up for it. This guy is getting his numbers up big time. He hit that ball a ton.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:11 AM Post
My bad on the double post... Somebody with mod privileges want to toss that comment into this thread, pretty please?

'preciate it,
~Bill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:14 AM Post
Global Moderator
I was worried someone would post one at the same time as me too. Looks like I beat you by a few second:-)

On a side note, it would be sooooo nice if Ruben could put in 5 mediocre innings. Just keep the bullpen fresh to keep the pressure off of Ford.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:15 AM Post
Al, I think this qualifies as your weblog posting of the season. Maybe not... there's been some funny ones... but this one is spot on. For those that don't frequent his Ramblings, what are you waiting for? Head on over... albethke.blogspot.com... here's a teaser:

Watching Eric Young play the game of baseball is embarassing. He is possibly the worst 2B defensively in the game, and other than his ability to steal bases, a terrible baserunner.

Kudos, Al!

~Bill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:24 AM Post
Alright, that's enough of Q (3-1 in the 1st) already. Pack his bags, catch him a bus and get him out of here.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:26 AM Post
Watching Quevedo serve up one gopher ball after another i find embarressing also.Between him and Rusch the games are over by the third inning.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:28 AM Post
There is no reason on God's green earth why Ruben Quevedo should ever, ever, appear in a Milwaukee Brewers uniform again.

Did I say ever?

Good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:29 AM Post
Nothing like Brewer's pitching to get the bat hot again, hey Sammy? Maybe Q should request to have Sammy's bat checked for cork? Nah, it's the pitching.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:30 AM Post
Take a good look on your way to the dugout, Q, it's the last time you'll be looking at a big league ballpark. It's downright embarrassing to have a guy like that (formerly, after tonight) in your rotation.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:30 AM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
seriously. If we run Q's big ole butt out there one more time this organization is gonna have to take a long look in the mirror and ask what the heck they are trying to prove. I am just sick watching this guy through low 80s fastballs that get smacked all over the place.

There was a great stat put up on the tv in the 1st. Sheets, Kinney, Franklin 25-25, Rusch, Quevedo Ritchie something like 3-16.

If this guy makes another start as a Milwaukee Brewer Melvin and Yost should be ashamed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:31 AM Post
Copied from Batman (Duplicate game thread):

Gotta get the in-game thread going so I can criticize EY again. He managed a leadoff double against Kerry Wood and then proceeds to get caught off second on a comebacker by Podzilla. Not only does he get himself out, but he proceeds to motion Podsednik to go to second base... and thus, he got out.

To make matters worse, Jenkins hit an absolute bomb out onto Sheffield (or Waveland, I always get the streets confused) that should have been two runs for the good guys.

Oh well. A first inning run against Wood is always appreciated.

~Bill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:31 AM Post
The light's are out and so is Ruben. I love the guy but he's just not producing... and as much as I like him, I'm hoping (and predicting) that tomorrow morning we'll hear of his release or demotion.

Yost has earned a lot of respect with me for yanking him after 2/3rds of an inning. I'm looking forward to seeing Fordy pitch...

What time is it? Burba time.

~Bill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:33 AM Post
I don't care if the Brewers have to overpay, they better acquire some premium veteran starting pitching this offseason. Bartolo Colon, Kevin MIllwood, etc.

Spend whatever it takes. They owe the fans big time.

It's long overdue.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:34 AM Post
Watching Q pitch was bad enough, but then watching Sosa bounce around made me sick. Anybody but him...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:35 AM Post
Global Moderator
I think the Cubs had the lights turned off on purpose to try to "ice" Ford, like when you call a timeout before a field goal in football.

I hope the kid can overcome it can give us 4-5 great innings.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:39 AM Post
I never thought I'd regret not signing Jamey Wright but I do. He signed a minor league contract with the Royals yesterday and could have filled a spot on the Brewers' or Indy's starting rotations. If we have to turn to Burba, it would have been nice to have somebody to send Indy's way.

Burbatious. Burbatacular. Burbantastic. Burbalacious.

It's Burba time.

~Bill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:40 AM Post
If Ford goes 4-6 innings today, does he start on Saturday, too? He's just getting stretched out and it would only be 4 days. I want to see him start, but not if it gets him hurt.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:44 AM Post
No idea. Darren said that he would pitch on Saturday despite throwing today but that seems hard to believe.

I think a lot depends on how many innings he goes.

~Bill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 12:00 PM Post
Argh. Should have sent Helms home with one out and Ford coming up, not to mention that Corey "Glass Arm" Patterson was playing centerfield *and* it wasn't even going to be that close. Ford promptly strikes out leaving us with the bases loaded and the only hope of scoring Eric Young. Fantastic.

Ginter?!? Ginter?!? Where are you, Keith?!? We need ya.

~Bill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 12:01 PM Post
Apparently Rich Donnely had a few too many gin and tonics prior to the game. How can you put the stop sign up with Helms rounding 3rd on patterson (who couldnt throw out his grandma) with the pitcher spot coming up? It was a given that Ford would K leaving EY hanging out to dry with all the pressure of getting a clean hit.

That was a brutal bit of base coaching.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 46 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply