LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 46 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

6/24/03 Cubs(Wood) vs Brewers(Q)

Offline  6/24/03 Cubs(Wood) vs Brewers(Q)

Posted: June 24, 2003, 4:46 PM Post
A second note...in that situation, managers get thrown out on purpose to try to lite a fire under their team. Yost went out with the intention of getting ejected. I guarantee he told the Ump what was wrong, why his team was upset, then dropped the F-bomb and some other stuff and hit the showers. Good for him. Hopefully this team will come out tomorrow ready to play.

Yea that was pretty obvious since he was out there forever,i was waiting for Yost to ask the ump to please throw him out of the game.I was kinda hoping the ump would have just stood there and not ejected him just to make Yost look silly since it's the only thing Yost was trying to do.I wonder how long Yost would have stayed out there if he dropped one F-Bomb after another and the ump just smiled.

What fire exactly gets lit in players when they are getting crushed and a manager yells at an ump or kicks dirt on home plate??Do u honestly think it accomplishes anything except getting the manager some air time??

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 5:01 PM Post
I dont think the "thrown out" acts accomplish much now a days...but whenever they first started Im sure they were quite effective

If it lite a fire under one guy, I guess it did its job. Maybe letting the younger guys know that Yost is a "players" manager to an extent

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 5:18 PM Post
Global Moderator
If I come back into a locker room after a rough loss, and see my manager sitting there pissed, maybe I don't hang my head as much. If he cares so much, so should I.

Plus, I always like to see managers stick up for their players.

Of course it doesn't always work. I'm reminded of the time Cassel kicked the ball off the scoreboard and got ejected. He was trying to get the team fired up, but it didn't work. They would have been better off with him and his one foul left on the court instead of in the locker room.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 24, 2003, 11:45 PM Post
What annoys me about the Viz situation is that we could have traded him easy last off season, but didn't think we were getting enough in return. I bet management feels stupid now!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 25, 2003, 2:22 AM Post
What annoys me about the Viz situation is that we could have traded him easy last off season, but didn't think we were getting enough in return. I bet management feels stupid now!

I wish I would have bought a few million shares of Microsoft when it was $0.01 a share.

Hindsight is 20-20, but none of us have a souped up Delorean to make a hop back to this winter and make a trade with Vizcaino. If I did, I wouldn't be posting here, I would be enjoying my billions in the bank.

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 25, 2003, 3:05 AM Post
Let's keep in mind that the principle deal mentioning Viz was for Micheal Barret who has been out hit by just about everyone in major league baseball. Odds are pretty good that if Doug had traded him that's who he would have gotten, so I wouldn't be doing to much spilled milk crying

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 46 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply