LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 61 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

07/01 - Brewers (Sheets) @ Astros (Miller)

Offline  07/01 - Brewers (Sheets) @ Astros (Miller)

Posted: July 01, 2003, 2:20 PM Post
Dejean is the Brewers all star rep hands down!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 2:23 PM Post
I know, I know, we're not going to the playoffs but when you see some signs of improvement and the team is playing well on the road, it's a killer for your closer to blow 2 in a row. 3 in a row....let's hope another BrewCrew patented losing streak isn't on the horizon.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 2:24 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
I could do something creative and satisfying with a Mike DeJean all-star poster...

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 2:25 PM Post
The last two losses are pretty tough to take. I know it doesn't really matter, but this is the kind of thing that makes being a fan of a losing club difficult. When the team "battles" back and takes the lead against Billy ***** Wagner, you just can't blow the game. It just can't happen.

Argh.

Just needed to vent,
~Bill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 2:26 PM Post
AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

(my best post ever)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 2:31 PM Post
When DeJean was my AllStar vote 2 weeks ago...he was just coming off being NL player of the week...things change I guess

Ill tell you this though...a team will NEVER win without a solid bullpen...if not a stellar one, unless you've got 5 horses who eat up 8 innings a game, you NEED a solid bullpen. Can't just blame DeJean, Leskanic probably couldn't even pitch tonight (bad arm). I guess we could play Estrella 4 innings but you gotta figure hes not that quality.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 2:35 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'm gonna need to go to the Dr. and get Prozac to get me through the season if DeJean stays in as closer.Image

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 2:36 PM Post
Vizcaino is throwing the ball a lot better... I dare say a lot better than DeJean, too. John Foster has been more than solid in limited opportunities. Estrella is pretty automatic. Leskanic is, too, as long as he can pitch. That's three pitchers, more than we needed tonight... and the 3 don't include DeJean.

He's a good pitcher... but he's not pitching well right now, or for that matter, the entire season. The week he won the award he still wasn't throwing the ball that well... which he was the first one to tell us. It would be better for him, the team, and my blood pressure to put him into non-critical game situations so that he can work on his stuff without jeopardizing victories.

As silly as it sounds, I'd much rather have Vizco in a game right now than DeJean. Foster, Kolb, Estrella, and Leskanic, too. And against lefties, throw in De Lo.

And at least Kieschnick can keep the ball in the park...

Sorry for venting... I'm done for the night, I promise Image.

~Bill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 2:44 PM Post
Global Moderator
It would be better for him, the team, and my blood pressure Hey, if you have any of the anti-depressants I'll need, I do have a prescription for propranalol. Maybe we can trade.Image

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 2:46 PM Post
NOW IM @#%$ MORE PISSED CAUSE ITYPED A PAGE OF SHT AND I FORGET SUBJECT AND IT GOT DELETED SO I GOTTA TYPE OFER

IM GETTING TO THE FKIGN POINT WERE I WONT WATCH THESE GAMES IM SO SICK OF ONE GUY BLOWING IT FOR THE TEAM CONSISTENLY

THESE ARE THE REASONS WE CANT REACH 500 AND WONT BE ABLE TO if this bp was avg.

I JUST CANT TAKE IT ASODFGJSDOPFGJIPEORITJWEORTJIWEOP RTJIWEOPRI
IT SO FRICKEN DISAPPOINTING

BTW DARRON S. SAID JEAN WANTED TO HAVE THSI SITUATION UP 1 AND NINTH ROFL

NO FKING WONDER THIS TEAM GETS SHT ON BY ESPN GD IM SO SICK OF NOT GETTING RESPECT BY NE1 ITS STUPID WERE A JOKE.

LAST YEAR THE BP WAS GOOD AND HITTIN SUX NOW ITS VICE VERSA GD GD GD GD GD GD GDG GDGASDFGS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 2:51 PM Post
Why did Yost trot Dejean back out there for the 10th?

What is the purpose of having a 13 man staff if you don't use them? Didn't they all just have Monday off? There was noone in that bullpen that was not available to Yost. Why then would we need to have our struggling closer pitch a second inning?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 2:56 PM Post
Yaay, I get to go to work again and hear, "Wow, the Brewers blew another one, atleast they have a nice ballpark" from ***** who hate baseball alll over again.

Really, this instilling confidence crap from Yost is getting damn old. I'm sure Yost will trot Dejean out until he has a 7.0 ERA, THEN shut him down.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 3:09 PM Post
lighten up kiddos

just wait...year and a half to go

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 3:34 PM Post
....until the Packers open up on Monday Night Football preseason.

By the way, when will all the chirping start about not signing Lima? He was a Newark Bear a month ago.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 3:43 PM Post
By the way, when will all the chirping start about not signing Lima? He was a Newark Bear a month ago.

I'm sure Melvin contacted him, but he couldn't promise him a spot on the major league roster. After all we have Pasqual Coco at Indy!

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 4:20 PM Post
Im giggleing about the Jose Lima comment...I knew that he wasn't as bad as his past few years suggested...and now hes what, 3-0 and off to a solid start in 2003...thats somwhat of a humbleing story...comeback player of the year? Is that even an award in baseball?

Oh well...BTW, 35 more days!!! Can't wait to start breaking down Nall vs Akili on a small sample size...which one will be the next great QB in Green Bay by judging a handful of throws. Oh wait. PLEASE NOBODY DO THIS. One Preseason doesn't dictate a career, but it will be interesting to see.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2003, 5:18 PM Post
ALL RIGHT THIS IS BREWERS BOARD OK
NOT PACKESR GD

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2003, 12:06 AM Post
I have been impressed with Ned Most of the season and like the way he has the Brewers fighting in most every game.However after the big Loss Sun and Now after comming back aganist one of the better closer in the game only to see Dejean first Blow a save and then the win. Ned needs to do what right for the team especially after back to back Tough Blown Oppertunities.
Either put curtis in the closer role or go with a closer by Committe because the brewers can"t afford to give away games like this.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2003, 12:12 AM Post
"because the brewers can"t afford to give away games like this."

Yeah, otherwise the Pirates may beat the Brewes out for fifth place.

If only the Brewers had a great closer like Billy Wagner, they would never blow a save.....

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 02, 2003, 2:48 AM Post
First of all nobody expects the brewers to be in first place.

But those 2 games if wins instead of Blown saves might get this team closer to 500.

We need to make positive steps.

And Yes i rather have Wagner in the brews pen thabn Dejean .
would think any one knowing baseball would also agree

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 61 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply