LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 25 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

IGT: 6/19/03 STL (Tomko) at MIL (Quevedo)

Offline  IGT: 6/19/03 STL (Tomko) at MIL (Quevedo)

Posted: June 19, 2003, 8:08 AM Post
It would be the sweetest!;)

The Brewers suck...or at least are in danger of sliding irrevisibly back to that black hole that was last year.

They can't sit back and let these starters demoralize the team. Quevedo was last year's problem....I thought they were washing their hands of last year.....

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2003, 8:21 AM Post
It would be strange but I could see a guy just mentally skipping serious minor league ball and into a starting rotation.

Hed be missing out on a lot, but if he just started starting games out of the blue and succeeding, he would never have to contine to work things out because he already made it.

It might create a horrible sophomore slump but wouldn't it also be cool if the guy was just mentally ready or didn't even let the whole aspects bother him.

Itd be nice to have a solid young pitcher starting every week, I just hope the guy know what they are doing if they throw him to the wolves like that. So far though hes one of the few bright spots in the mound in Milwaukee.

Id actually be for starting him NOW and always (unless a situation arises Ankiel style) or sending him and starting him over again.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2003, 8:30 AM Post
I'm about [...] this close to buying a Matt Ford jersey. This guy is amazing... I keep trying to temper my enthusiasm but it's pretty hard when he looks this good on a staff that looks this bad.

If he gets hurt and/or he loses his confidence, I will be crushed. But if Yost can keep this going while maintaining his health and his composure, it'll be the Brewers' story of the year.

~Bill

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2003, 12:09 PM Post
The Kid 22 and so far has pitched real good
and deserves a shot over the 2 Bums We have there
now in Ruben and Glendon.He pitching in the majors 1 year after pitching A ball.I say he has Coinfedence enough to Start

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2003, 7:38 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'm thinking the unthinkable.... throw the kid in the rotation. If he gets hit hard, move him back to relief. How sweet would it be if Matt Ford never had to see the minors again?
Everyone's harping about how the guy needs to spend another season in the minors before he sees the rotation. Given that the Brewers are a minor league team and he's playing for them this year, can we put him in the rotation next year?:lol Everyone says they don't want to hurry him, or put too much pressure on him. But could there be a situation with less pressure than playing on a joke of a team? "Oh no, I lost a game and now we won't make the playoffs, my confidence is crushed forever! Oh, nevermind."

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 25 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply