LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 124 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

5/11/2004 - Brewers (Sheets) vs. Expos (L. Hernandez)

Offline  5/11/2004 - Brewers (Sheets) vs. Expos (L. Hernandez)
Posted: May 12, 2004, 4:30 AM Post
Having watched the banter the durrington move was pretty dicey, but considering the roster is missing a few available people he wasn't an obviously worse choice to hit in an OBP situation (which is to say I highly doubt that Trent can't atleast post an OBP near .300 given time). Using Bennet in the 9th looks bad in retrospect only because the Crew came back. Given the overall quality of Expos pitching so far, even if Livan struggles that inning it would seem like they still have a good chance to shut you down. This might be a case where Melvin should take some heat and they might want to be thinking about letting Bennet go and finding a real reliever.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2004, 5:01 AM Post
Why get rid of Bennet instead of Ford? Bennett has not been great, but Ford has been worse. So why not bring some one in, andmove Bennet to the role Ford has (blowout, last man out)?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2004, 8:33 AM Post
Quote:
Ok, time to set the record straight. I cant speak for everyone, but I think everyone here is pulling for Wes Helms, to at least be as good as he was last year, if not better. I'd love Wes to hit .260 with 28 Hrs and 85 RBI, but so far, .230/1/9 just isnt what we need. Now, granted, Keith Ginter has been slumping, but he STILL is hitting better than Wes, leads the team in HRs, etc. that is why I would like to see Keith get a majority of the PT. Just like Id like to see Hall get more PT at SS. So nobody has any ill will towards Wes, I think we all just want our best 8 out there every day.

Please. Two weeks into the season, and there were (and are) daily posts of how Helms "sucks". People aren't necessarily pulling for Wes, they're pulling for the team, which is fine, but all the posts about how he "sucks" and needs to go blah blah blah...those are uncalled for and useless.

The guy's 27. Last I checked, he had a decent year last year. Only with playing time can he get better.

If anything, Craig should sit, move Spivey to short and play Gint at 2B.

And yes, there are plenty of people here who have "ill will" towards Wes. I don't have the time now, nor the desire to go back to each game posts and find all the bashers, but feel free.

I just thought he should be given more time than just 25-30 games.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 5/11/2004 - Brewers (Sheets) vs. Expos (L. Hernandez)
Posted: July 29, 2020, 8:19 PM Post
This was a fun read through, brings back a lot of memories. I can't believe it took 16 years for another 4+ run 9th inning comeback.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 124 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply