LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 12 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

catching WOAH SOLVDD

Offline  catching WOAH SOLVDD

Posted: July 12, 2003, 3:34 PM Post
Lou Palsmo is hitting great and a great all around catcher with speed this guy is a gonna be the future hopefullly

Posted: July 12, 2003, 3:38 PM Post
Woah Solvdd? Painful.

Posted: July 12, 2003, 6:35 PM Post
Global Moderator
catching WOAH SOLVDD
When I read this I thought it was a warning of a mutated form of SARS being spread around. Yep that "palsmo" guy is something else, just like that Tommy Gyumm guy we drafted in the second round.

Posted: July 12, 2003, 6:42 PM Post
I don't know whether to move this to Off-Topic, the Minor League Forum, or to another board altogether. I was trying to figure out who this Woah Solvdd guy was.

Posted: July 12, 2003, 6:46 PM Post
Global Moderator
I was trying to figure out who this Woah Solvdd guy was.
I believe Woah Solvdd was a backup sitar player for Ravi Shankar from '79-'86.

Posted: July 12, 2003, 9:57 PM Post
catching WOAH SOLVDD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lou Palsmo is hitting great and a great all around catcher with speed this guy is a gonna be the future hopefullly

Wow, I think I just found a new tag line for my signature...

You guys know me, and I am speechless.

Well, other to say that I now truly worry about the future of all mankind.

Posted: July 13, 2003, 1:18 AM Post
Board Administrator

Posted: July 13, 2003, 7:23 AM Post
Global Moderator
In the Norse epic poem OLE SKARNJJJRK, Woah Solvdd is the mythic hero who catches the heads of the trolls as they roll down from Ragnarok after being bashed by Thor. Thus it is an entirely appropriate allusion...woe to those ignoramuses (ignorami?) who missed the reference...

Online  catching WOAH SOLVDD

Posted: July 14, 2003, 1:09 AM Post
My first thought when I saw catching and WOAH in the same sentence was that Joe Lawrence was back with the Brewers.

Posted: July 14, 2003, 1:39 AM Post
I am going to be extremely disappointed if square doesn't post a picture of Joey Lawrence ASAP.

Posted: July 14, 2003, 1:56 AM Post
Board Administrator

Posted: July 14, 2003, 3:15 AM Post

Chief Cynic
Global Moderator
"catching WOAH SOLVDD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lou Palsmo is hitting great and a great all around catcher with speed this guy is a gonna be the future hopefullly "

Can I take a stab at this?

Like Batman and Robin, when the Riddler left behind a tricky limerick with clues contained therein, I went to my version of the BatComputer, and began deciphering this nugget of knowledge right away.

Perhaps this is a series of clues and cryptic acronyms to a bigger story here. I stayed up all night trying to unravel this, and the key here is the use of the word "hopefullly." We all know that "hopefulllly" has 4 L's. But dropping that L from the spelling helped me decipher this. So far I've been able to figure out that Milwaukee Police still haven't "solvdd" the case where ex-teammate Lou Collier disappeared (HE'S the "missing" L - get it?!) after he stole a "Plasma" TV from Valerio De Los Santos (or VDLS as we often refer to him by). In a statement at police headquarters, VDLS said "Woah is me!" And Valerio will "catch" him...sometime in the future...but....ahem...Lou is too "speedy" for him....*cough*....ummm...ah to hell with it, I give up.

To quote the "snooty/snottty" waiter at the upscale restaurant when Ferris tried to sneak in as Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago, "I weep for the future!"

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

[ 12 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply