LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  [ 296 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Minor League Transaction Thread -- From 2013 All-Star Break to 2014 Opening Week

Offline  Re: Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: January 09, 2014, 8:25 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
The Brewers have signed a young Dutch catcher to a professional contract -- here's a rough translation from this this web page.

The baseball life of Milan Post has received an unexpected turn.

Initially, he would start this month at San Jacinto College in Houston. Those plans have now changed. The nineteen-year-old catcher from Diemen has signed a professional contract with the Milwaukee Brewers, the American professional organization where he did an internship for ten days in Sepember.

The career of Post has been very impressive. As many as nine clubs from Major League sought the talented Dutch catcher, who in 2012 made ​​his debut for L & D Amsterdam in the Dutch League.

When he was 16, he was found to be suffering from rheumatism, and there were even "a few months when I could not even walk", Post said. He missed a year of baseball.

Post recovered slowly and in 2012 he got the chance to get on the baseball field. His comeback "I thought: I 'm going to make it." However, it turned out differently. " I went to Junior Team for the World Cup to South Korea. But this World Cup, I messed up. The European Baseball Academy of Major League Baseball went dramatically. I had too high expectations of myself." Post decided to work even harder. Successfully. Followed in 2013 for the fourth year in a row, an invitation to the MLB Academy. "That was just plain good. I was even approached by scouts from San Francisco Giants."

On the advice of scouts Post decided then to focus on college baseball and he got a scholarship offered at San Jacinto College in Houston, where he would start this month. But those plans have now changed. In September, Post, along with Rowan Hoek and Ruben Prince, left for Arizona . They received compensation from the sports fund Leo van der Kar. In the Maryvale Baseball Park in Arizona there were ten days of internship with the Brewers. This was done under the leadership of former Major League catcher Charlie Greene . The Dutch catchers already trained in the Netherlands before. After seven days, "The Brewers were very excited." A day later, the Dutch catcher was offered a contract. Early December Post for eight days returned to the United States for medical tests, after which he put his signature under the seven-year (standard minor league contract) with the club from Milwaukee late last month. "I am really looking forward to it, I'm very curious what it will be like. I expect that I will start for the AZL Brewers, but have higher hopes.

Post reports on March 2 in Arizona for Spring Training. He will return to the complex where he stayed in September for his ten-day internship. Post: " So I know the clubhouse, the property, and a number of people. " Meanwhile trains Post also join the Dutch A-team. Post: "It's very strange. I'm actually now a professional baseball player."

Here are some training videos via Post.

Post is a right-handed bat.

Offline  Re: Minor League Transaction Thread - Latest: Young catcher from the Netherlands signed
Posted: January 09, 2014, 9:18 AM Post
There has to be more to the Bucci story than is being reported...

Any chance we pick him back up?

Offline  Re: Minor League Transaction Thread - Latest: Young catcher from the Netherlands signed
Posted: January 09, 2014, 10:47 AM Post

Global Moderator
turborickey said:
There has to be more to the Bucci story than is being reported...

Any chance we pick him back up?

Tom H. reported he wanted to go back to school.

If the Brewers still wanted to retain his rights, they could have agreed with Bucci to place him on a restricted list.

Posted: January 10, 2014, 5:12 AM Post

Global Moderator
The Brewers signed LHP Brad Mills to a minor league deal, and Kyle at BrewCrewBall once again saved me a write-up.

Mills profiles as a long reliever at Nashville, where the only other LHP currently around is LH reliever Brent Leach.

Mass Haas said:
I'm surprised LaCrosse's R.J. Seidel still is unemployed. He'll be just 26 for all of the 2014 season, and showed enough at his first taste of AAA in 2013 to make other clubs interested, one would think.

The Brewers re-signed Seidel after all, and Seidel is pleased about that.

From late August:

A look at potential minor league free agent R.J. Seidel via Wisconsin Sports Tap

Posted: January 10, 2014, 8:24 AM Post
Mills isn't a bad pickup. Numbers last year at Round Rock were quite decent. All his AAA experience has been in hitters parks. Was originally drafted fairly high (4th round). Was being fast tracked in Toronto organization at one time and dominated until he got to AAA. Might be useful at some point if an opening occurs.

Posted: January 10, 2014, 8:55 AM Post
definitely not a bad pickup as a AAA depth signing!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Posted: January 10, 2014, 3:33 PM Post

Global Moderator
OF Brock Kjeldgaard has been re-signed, as per the Brewers Player Development Twitter feed.

I noted on Twitter that the Brewers have re-signed 11 of their end-of-season 26 minor league free agents, the list is here.

Kjeldgaard began his playing career in 2006, signing as a 34th round draft-and-follow from the 2005 draft (the Ryan Braun draft). He's similar to fellow Canadian Taylor Green (25th round) in that regard.

In fact, if you're talking current longevity in the Brewers' system, Kjeldgaard only trails Rickie Weeks (2003 draft), Yovani Gallardo (2004), and Braun.

The only other current Brewers to begin their playing careers in 2006 are Green and Dominican signings in RHP's Wily Peralta and Santo Manzanillo.

(Recently re-signed RHP R.J. Seidel signed late in the summer of his 2006 draft year, but signed a 2007 contract and debuted in '07.)

Entering their 9th seasons in the organization, neither Kjeldgaard (who was a pitcher his first two years as a pro) nor Manzanillo, have yet to play at the AAA level.

Good luck to all in 2014.

Posted: January 13, 2014, 9:53 PM Post

Global Moderator
BrewCrewBall -- Brewers sign OF Greg Golson

VIDEO from May -- Greg Golson remains focused on his MLB dreams

Posted: January 14, 2014, 3:00 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Not sure if this qualifies as a transaction or not...

#Brewers left-handed pitching prospect Will West has been suspended again. 100 games on top of the 50-gamer he is currently serving.

Link

BA: Have you ever caught? For half a population, you know what he's going through right now.
Rock: Yep, on a bounce, & uh, gets 'im. That shouldn't happen on 4th of July, should it?
BA: No -- speakin' of liberty bell...

Posted: January 14, 2014, 3:08 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
This is the first time I can recall someone being suspended while they were already suspended, so that's new.

Posted: January 14, 2014, 3:09 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
And That said:
This is the first time I can recall someone being suspended while they were already suspended, so that's new.

Congrats, Will West!

BA: Have you ever caught? For half a population, you know what he's going through right now.
Rock: Yep, on a bounce, & uh, gets 'im. That shouldn't happen on 4th of July, should it?

Posted: January 15, 2014, 12:04 PM Post
TooLiveBrew said:
And That said:

Congrats, Will West!

Well Jeremy Jeffress was rumored test positive in a test given by the club while he was serving suspension. The Johnny Jolly from the Packers got a drug suspension while he was suspended.

Posted: January 15, 2014, 3:42 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brewers have reportedly signed LHP Zach Duke to a minor league deal, with an invite to MLB spring training.

Follow my Brewers thoughts on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Mason3K
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Posted: January 15, 2014, 4:13 PM Post
Invader3K said:
Brewers have reportedly signed LHP Zach Duke to a minor league deal, with an invite to MLB spring training.

Hopefully just to pal around with Gorzelanny and give hitters confidence in BP.

Is there any guy the Brewers have roughed up more in the last 10 years than Zach Duke? His ERA vs. the Brewers is 5.99 in a not insignificant amount of innings (103 2/3). Brewers have walloped 19 HR off him, 10 more than he's allowed against any other team.

Posted: January 15, 2014, 5:02 PM Post
I remember a time when folks on this forum wanted us to trade Fielder straight up for Duke.

Online  Re: Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: January 15, 2014, 7:47 PM Post
Sign as many arms as we can never know.

Posted: January 15, 2014, 7:54 PM Post
brewmann04 said:
Sign as many arms as we can never know.

But Zach Duke really?? So many Brewers have homered off of Duke over the years I've lost count. Sean Halton's walk off late in the year was the latest.

As much a fan of Halton as I have been, he shouldn't brag too much about hitting it off of Duke.

Online  Re: Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: January 15, 2014, 8:40 PM Post
Well the positive thing he wont have to face us in games,trying to stay positive.

Posted: January 16, 2014, 8:21 PM Post
Dollarbill13 said:
I remember a time when folks on this forum wanted us to trade Fielder straight up for Duke.

On the Minor League Forum? I hope you mean the Transaction Forum... otherwise I'd like some proof.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
- Plato
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
- Plato

Posted: January 20, 2014, 10:21 AM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
TheCrew07 said:
Dollarbill13 said:

On the Minor League Forum? I hope you mean the Transaction Forum... otherwise I'd like some proof.

I took his comment to mean the BF forums in general, fwiw

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  [ 296 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test